IBS, colon cancer, New symptom Anxiety - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS, colon cancer, New symptom Anxiety

ibs constipation colon cancer diarrhea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EinsteinOnTheBeach

EinsteinOnTheBeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Advertisement

I'm sure this is an annoying topic, but I'm new to all of this and would like advice from everyone with more knowledge and experience. 

Here I go, talkin about my poop

I'm a 28 year old female and for the past 3 weeks I've had constipation, diarrhea, longish broken up thin stool, loose  tiny pencil thin stool (broken/piled up), one small cigar thickness lumpy guy, or unformed loose stool. No normal sized (I would vary from loose to nice ~*snake*~ poo previously). I've also experience pressure on my rectum and the feeling of incomplete movements. Sometimes just one very small loose movement a day or none at all for 1 or 2 days. Also some irritation inside the rectum. Urgency to go sometimes, but not with the feeling of indigestion except one day I ate spicy jerky and I had a really "spicy" reaction lol. My doctor thinks I have IBS, and this would make some sense as most of my life I've had really intense gas problems, bloating, gas pains, indigestion, and loose stools about once a week. 

Recently I went through a very stressful period that is ending, but now I'm having intense anxiety about this. I've never not had a normal movement for this long. And, of course, I Dr.Googled and it said that persistent thin stool could be a sign of a blockage from a tumor or something. I'm scheduling with a gastro tomorrow, but I was just looking for some advice.

It's hard for my anxiety to let me feel like something so out of the ordinary could be anything but something very serious. 

The pencil thin stools scare me the most. Also the irritation inside my rectum (almost as if something is in there? haha. def haven't put anything in there...so i'm afraid it's a tumor of course)

Recently I had a weird occurrence where I had gas pain so intense that I had to lay down for about an hour. I had sharp pain in my rectal area and lower abdomen. The next day I was almost "sore" from it? 

I've had one known hemmeroid that was external a few years ago. I also "squat" when I use the toilet for BMs. That might be a weird one.

I'm on a low dose of lexapro, and I'm no stranger to health anxiety. But it just seems like my symptoms match up, especially being 3 weeks of issues that are new with my bowels and the pencil thinness. On the other hand, I've seen no blood or anything. Very light stools most of the time. No family history either. I do drink alcohol kind of often and my meat consumption has been pretty high most of my life, but not super unhealthy. I also have had plenty of energy. Unfortunately I've lost 5 pounds in the past few weeks which scares me (but also eating less from anxiety)

Wow anxiety sucks and I'm going crazy.

If it is just IBS, i'll probably keep using this forum so I thought i'd go ahead and ask advice from the community 

My doc made me drink half a jug of that peg 3350 stuff that you use before a colonoscopy and wow wtf. Def empty as of this moment. I for some reason decided to watch "Carrie" during this process and that was a poor choice.

Anyway thank you in advance for the advice

#2 EinsteinOnTheBeach

EinsteinOnTheBeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:17 PM

Apologies I didn't mean to post this twice!! Must have double clicked the post button

#3 EinsteinOnTheBeach

EinsteinOnTheBeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:44 PM

Also wanted to add that I've experienced some mucus in my stool for years (in my healthy stools, they "radiate" a bit of light mucus sometimes).

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10563 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:08 PM

Apologies I didn't mean to post this twice!! Must have double clicked the post button

i deleted your duplicate post.

really, it sounds like you have ibs  like your doctor said.   everything symptom you mentioned is normal for people with ibs.   stool size and shape can be all over the map.   mucus in the stools is normal.   incomplete evacuation is also normal for people with ibs.

gas pains can be very severe.  i know--i've had them.   somethimes using a warm heating pad helps.

and yes, eating less due to anxiety will make you loose weight.

i know it's hard but please try to stop worrying and obsessing so much about cancer.   worrying never helps. it feeds on itself  and it always makes everything seem so much worse than it is. and please try to stop googling your symptoms. that just adds to your worry and makes it worse especially when you always focus on the worst-case scenarios

that's good you are going to see your gastro doc. hopefully he/she can reassure you, perhaps run some tests and help you manage your ibs.

good luck with everything. take care.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 Vic Murillo

Vic Murillo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:21 PM

I also  lose  weight due  to anxiety, it makes  my appetite  go away besides  the new  diet  i have  to take for my ibs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, constipation, colon cancer, diarrhea

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here