Desperate - is it even IBS ? :-( - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Desperate - is it even IBS ? :-(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 52747

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

Advertisement
Hi. I was diagnosed with IBS late last year, with the doctor admitting he didn't really know what was wrong so putting it down to that.

I have frequent bouts of crippling stomach pain (always behind my belly button)
and always lasting around 5 hours. This is accompanied by vomiting or nausea, and I always feel nauseous and unable to eat the day after the pain occurs.

I've read online that IBS doesn't involve vomiting. My GP.says it does. Who is right ?

I've lost 2.5 stone since May because I either can't eat or am scared to eat.

I'm really tired of being ill :-(

#2 52747

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

He told me it could be hepatic flexure syndrome (which showed up on a Google search as IBS), but when I asked where the pain was if you had this, it's NOT where I get pain.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here