Bentyl Thoughts? - Constipation Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Bentyl Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dreyfuss1959

Dreyfuss1959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:48 PM

Advertisement

Hello.  I have been taking Bentyl for two weeks.  Having some success.  Side effect that is a bit of a problem would be drowsiness.   I hope that dissipates.    Any thoughts on this medication?  Good?  Horrible?

#2 CG117

CG117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

I literally just started taking it this morning. My plan is to take it twice a day on weekdays, once before I leave for work and once before I leave to go back home. Mostly to try to calm down the random feeling of bowel movement urgency I get when commuting lately, even if I'm constipated and don't need to go. It did seem to relax me a bit this morning, but...2-3 hours after taking it, I got acid reflux and had a really soft BM around the same time (took the pill 10mg at 6:30, symptoms started around 9am). I took a Zantac and that seemed to help reduce the acid reflux a bit. I did get some fuzziness, as if I had taken Dramamine, and have been having clammy palms on and off, but otherwise no other side effects. It's the heartburn I'm most worried about, and hope that it goes away once I start taking the Bentyl on a regular basis. I have an issue with nausea caused by motion sickness, so heartburn isn't fun since the sensation occurs in the same spot in my throat/upper chest, but it definitely is not the exact same feeling as nausea. I'll wait until after I've taken it for a week or two before reserving judgment. It will all depend on if the side effects don't go away over time.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here