Back pain/cramps with IBS? - Abdominal Pain - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Back pain/cramps with IBS?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pippie

Pippie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:29 PM

Advertisement
So my doctor thinks I have IBS after doing an endoscopy and stool tests. It’s been 4 weeks and I have this chronic dull crampy low back pain. He said it’s probably abdominal pain that is being referred to the back. Has this happened to any of you with IBS? I hear a lot of people talking about abdominal cramps but mine are in my back. When I take bentyl the pain does lessen. I’m scheduled for sibo test, CT scan and colonoscopy in the next two weeks. I can help but think he back pain could be another organ. When I asked my MD she didn’t seem concerned and said it’s probably referred abdominal pain.

Thanks!
Pippie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 beatingIBS

beatingIBS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Hi

Back pain can be specifically related to the intestines. Still if it's only been 4 weeks it's difficult to say it is IBS. You need to have it much longer to be considered as such and at the same time do much more exams.

#3 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:02 PM

I often get back pain from IBS.   I get gas built up and the feeling of fullness always seems to affect my back as well.   Sometimes it is really hard to bend over. 

#4 SoWhenCanYouStart

SoWhenCanYouStart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:13 PM

Hey, recently diagnosed with IBS and definitely felt lower back pain before! Not sure if this helps but maybe it does. Good luck

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here