Hello! Nice to mee you all :) - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Hello! Nice to mee you all :)

introduction newbie new member nice to meet you

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lifeisadarkroom

lifeisadarkroom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:36 AM

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I just signed up after years of feeling alone in my struggles with IBS-D. As supportive as spouse/family/friends can be, it's not the same as talking to someone going through the same or similar struggles. I'm happy to have found these forums, and a community of peers :)

A little bit about myself:

I'm a 30-something woman; Canadian (East Coast); creative professional; cat lover; body positive; empath; foodie (in spite of the IBS lol); I wish I could travel the world, but IBS has always been an obstacle; I am mostly an open book, and ready to chat about anything!

I've had IBS-D almost as long as I can remember, as least as young as 5-6 years old. It's definitely gotten worse in adulthood, and interferes with my everyday life. I also have high functioning anxiety, which works hand-in-hand with the IBS, of course. I've tried all kinds of diet changes, but nothing seems to have helped a whole lot. I take loperamide (Imodium) daily to help manage symptoms, and I plan mostly everything around availability of bathrooms lol.

I'd love to learn more about you all, so please feel free to reply and introduce yourselves too :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, newbie, new member, nice to meet you

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here