IBS - C and Pain/Symptoms Elsewhere - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS - C and Pain/Symptoms Elsewhere

IBS-C IBS-D Probiotics Rib Pain Hip Pain Anxiety

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Trh0305

Trh0305

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:32 PM

Advertisement

I have struggled with IBS-C since 2011 at the age of 22. My grandmother passed away at the age of 32 from Colon Cancer, so as a precautionary measure, my primary care doctor ordered a colonoscopy. It was clean, but it was observed that I have a redundant colon. 

Fast forward through the next 4 years and I have several terrible spells of anxiety and IBS-C flare-ups that could last anywhere from a week to months. I would go at least 5 days a week, but would sometimes STRUGGLE to get everything out. Well, in late October 2016 I was having a rough go of it, so out of precaution my doctor ordered an abdominal CT with contrast. It was clean as well. At this point he referred me to a psychologist and psychiatrist to get my anxiety under control. 

Then in late 2017, I was having more bad IBS-C issues. I had terrible headached and loads of anxiety. I was sent to the hospital for a brain MRI with contrast and they found a "Spot", well my anxiety went through the roof. I lost 14 pounds in 3 days from not eating. I went back for a follow up MRI 2 months later and it was actually determined to just be a capillary telangectasia... basically just a group of blood vessels. That lead me to a psychologist and psychiatrist again, who put me on Klonopin. Long story short, I was a zombie for 3 months. I put on all of the weight I had lost and actually gained an additional 15 pounds. So I have actually went from 210 all the way to about 240. 

That brings me to now. I went to a new Gastro on 10/12/2018. He is very reputable, so I figured it would be worth a shot to investigate other ways to cope with my terrible constipation. I told him about the current symptoms I was having: Hip pain, GERD (New), right rib cage fullness feeling, right shoulder and back pain. He kind of looked at me like, dude get out of my office. But, he decided to do an x-ray and an ultrasound of my abdomen, and he gave me a trial of Align probiotics. The X-ray just showed that I was backed up as always. The ultrasound will be on November 2nd, so I am waiting on it. 

BUT THESE PROBIOTICS.... I took them that Friday through the following Friday. I had a normal, rather large brown soft poo on the Saturday after I started them... then nothing on Sunday and Monday... Then a yellowish stool on Tuesday and then the Diarrhea started on Wednesday and has gotten worse ever since. I haven't had diarrhea like this ever in my life... it's light colored and absolutely will not stop. So, of course, I get on Google and see that Pancreatic cancer can cause pail stools. I have now checked my eyes for jaundice, my temperature and my blood pressure almost 100 times.

My current symptoms are slight nausea when I do eat, loss of appetite, parenthesia all over (presumably from anxiety), diarrhea from yellow to pale brown, GERD, tense muscles, hip pain, etc. 

My question is... in your previous experiences and based on my story, am I over-reacting? I know pancreatic cancer is a stretch at the rip old age of 30, with relatively newish clean CT and numerous clean blood work panels... I just can't stop thinking about it. 

* I forgot to mention... never a smoker or drinker... no family history of pancreatic cancer, only colon cancer in grandmother and her sister. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-C, IBS-D, Probiotics, Rib Pain, Hip Pain, Anxiety

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here