I used to have a huge appetite - not anymore - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

I used to have a huge appetite - not anymore

appetite gas incomplete movement

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sdelbo

sdelbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:24 PM

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

From a very young age (I'm 30 now) I've always had issues going to the bathroom (usually constipation) but it was for the most part manageable. I also used to have a MASSIVE appetite and equally massive metabolism - I could eat a ton and still feel hungry three hours later, but was always very skinny.

The situation at work is that we're now in an open office environment (where I previously had an office and could discretely use the bathroom, now half the floor knows when and how long I've been in the bathroom) since about a year ago, and around that time before we moved I usually used to use the bathroom every day and it would usually produce a very large (and wide) one-piece movement, after which I'd feel very hungry. One day nothing was happening on the toilet and I tried to force it, and then for the next little while I noticed I wasn't feeling as hungry - sometimes I had to force myself to eat. This started about 3 weeks before we moved (and does coincide with some other stress in my life too). Ever since then, my appetite has been very low, and even though I'm skinny my stomach is getting a bit round now. Now even when I have a large movement, my stomach still doesn't feel empty (feels bloated) and I almost always have a lot of gas that never seems to go away after belching or passing wind. Additionally, I often feel like I need to use the bathroom and I have to use a million pieces of paper to clean up.

I've been to multiple doctors numerous times and they've done physical, blood, ultrasound and fecal tests and found nothing wrong with me (no pain, no blood, not pencil like, no fever, just a lot of gas and low appetite), so they say its IBS & psychological. 

I've noticed that there have been a few times where I had a very large movement and I felt almost immediately normal and very hungry (but othertimes I have a large movement and still feel bloated) which makes me think it really is just all in my head, but I was wondering if anyone else had any input.

Thanks for reading all of this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: appetite, gas, incomplete movement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here