IBS & Abdominal Pain - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS & Abdominal Pain

Abdominal Pain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 christy25

christy25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:00 PM

Advertisement

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice.  I think I have always had IBS but approx. 2 months ago I started getting severe abdominal pain as well as diarrhea and this continued every day only when in work so about 7hrs out the day. Even travelling to work is a nightmare.  I always have to sit near the toilet as I am so paranoid now.  I have had a couple of nights where I have woke up also in pain.  I went to the doctor who prescribed mebeverine which to some extent has helped the diarrhea but not the extreme abdominal pain.  The pain is excruciating.  I have tried buscopan and that doesn't take the pain away either.  I am worried about my job also due to the amount of pain I have been in. Can anyone recommend anything for pain relief.  Thanks

#2 ASTORIA

ASTORIA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

Are you getting spasms in your stomach? If you are... you need to be tested for gal-bladder problem. I had that problem for many years and doctors never did anything for me until years later one doctor told me by just listening to me tell him about my pain that he concluded that I needed gal-bladder surgery. I had 66 stones in it. 

I am just guessing on what it could be but you should ask your doctor for ultra sound test, or cat-scan or MRI test. Don't be living in pain thinking that it is all in your mind. Lots of doctors like to say that it is just stress. Don't believe that. Your pain is caused by a real problem. You need to be more assertive with your doctors and ask to be tested. 

It is not normal to have pain in your body that is severe. Your body is telling you "Houston ! you have a problem".  Let us know what your medical problem was after you get real help. You need to cry to your doctor that you can't take it any more. My sister

said that to her doctor and she was tested and found out she needed surgery. 

#3 christy25

christy25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:04 AM

Thank you so much for your reply.  Yes it is spasms lasting 7 hours a day.  Painkillers and buscopan just don't make a difference.  I was getting so anxious about the pain thinking I ma going to be stuck like this forever.  I thought I was going to lose my job and everything.  I have worked so hard for the little I have got.  Before all this started I was relatively happy.  I went to the doctors again on xmas eve.  I managed to get antidepressants and extra strong painkillers and the doctor is booking me in for an ultrasound.  I have to wait 6 weeks for this though. 

It sounds as though you have had a hard time.  I hope you are ok now.

Christy

• ASTORIA likes this

#4 ASTORIA

ASTORIA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:25 AM

Thank you so much for responding. I really want to help you. You do have a serious medical problem. 

I hope the tranquillers help to get rid of the spasms. I take valiums 5 mg. to cut out spasms or to feel better as NEEDED.

I remember I used to get the spasms I would have to sit on the floor and press down on my stomach to try to stop the pain. I would also have to run to the bathroom for a diarrhea BM. Sometimes I would vomit too. That was many years ago.

I couldn't eat Italian foods, or Chinese or spicy foods. One time I went to emergency and I was given malox with demerol for the pain and it really made me feel better for only that incident.

After I got my surgery I felt a lot better. Now I am okay with that problem. 

I don't remember when my IBS- Diarrhea started for me. But I went and got a colonoscopy and I was okay. But the doctor prescribed Lotronex that became a magic pill for me to control my IBS diarrhea. It is not a cure but at least it has helped me a lot. 

Please keep us informed on your progress. If you should get really sick you should just go to the Emergency Hospital.

6 weeks is a very long time to wait. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Abdominal Pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here