Over a year later, constipation is no longer a problem - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Over a year later, constipation is no longer a problem

ibs-c constipation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:24 AM

Advertisement

I posted this over a year ago on this forum: http://www.ibsgroup....-a-problem-now/

The difference now is that I've gained weight (muscle), due to a healthy diet. I've weened myself completely off of Miralax. I take no laxatives anymore. I poop about every day with no complaints whatsoever.

Go read what I wrote, especially go to the nutritionfacts.org stuff. Don't do stupid things like fasting or limiting your fiber. Eat like a normal person. Except most Americans don't get enough fiber. See what I wrote about that. Now I get 70 to 80 grams of fiber in my diet every day.

nutritionfacts.org gives you hard science that you can bank on. The Internet will otherwise kill you by your asking Google about every one of your fears. Eat like your good old grandmother did. Eat food with lots of fiber. Eat fruit especially, I'll never forget how eating more fruit (especially apples) virtually fixed my chronic constipation in a matter of days- https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-fruit-is-too-much/. 

I know you're afraid, that's okay, I was really afraid too. See what I wrote in my earlier post about God. You can trust that He is with you always, that He loves you.

Again and finally, get off the Internet. Trying to figure out my own scientific solution led to doing the worst thing I ever did- I ate only jello for at least a month. And I was obsessed with laxative medicine. Very bad.

If I did it, you can do it! I believe in you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs-c, constipation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here