FDA Approved Resolor/Motigrity on Dec 17,2018 - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

FDA Approved Resolor/Motigrity on Dec 17,2018

IBS-C CIC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bungeedog

bungeedog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:51 AM

Advertisement

https://www.drugs.co...n-cic-4885.html

Prucalopride is now legal in the United States...!!!!!!!

My doctors sure as heck don't know it, but it's legit. Go GO GO!   :^)  The Zelnorm-free nightmare is over!

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9219 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:26 AM

yes, isn't this a wonderful thing!

https://www.ibsgroup...opride-for-cic/

they're also going to bring zelnorm back:

https://www.ibsgroup...r-constipation/

it's about time!

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 wgbutler

wgbutler

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

I'm getting pretty impatient as well.  I actually called Shire up today to ask when Motegrity (i.e. Prucalopride) was going to be launched.  

The lady I talked to DID know about the drug, which was refreshing, but she said she could only say "2019".

Does that mean next week or late December?  So frustrating!  Especially in my case since I have an overly conservative GI who wants drugs to be out for several months before he will consider prescribing them.

BTW: Shire's number is 617-349-0200.  I didn't learn anything I didn't already know.

• annie7 likes this

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9219 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

I'm getting pretty impatient as well.  I actually called Shire up today to ask when Motegrity (i.e. Prucalopride) was going to be launched.  

The lady I talked to DID know about the drug, which was refreshing, but she said she could only say "2019".

Does that mean next week or late December?  So frustrating!  Especially in my case since I have an overly conservative GI who wants drugs to be out for several months before he will consider prescribing them.

BTW: Shire's number is 617-349-0200.  I didn't learn anything I didn't already know.

thanks for reporting back on this and giving us Shire's phone number. . 

i was thinking of calling up Shire to see if if i could find out when motegrity was coming out.   how disappointing that they couldn't give you a better answer!!  i remember  when linzess was approved, it didn't take long at all before it was available and the pharma reps were out and about visiting all the gastro offices and leaving samples. 

how have you been doing and how is your fast going? 

• wgbutler likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 wgbutler

wgbutler

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

thanks for reporting back on this and giving us Shire's phone number. . 

i was thinking of calling up Shire to see if if i could find out when motegrity was coming out.   how disappointing that they couldn't give you a better answer!!  i remember  when linzess was approved, it didn't take long at all before it was available and the pharma reps were out and about visiting all the gastro offices and leaving samples. 

how have you been doing and how is your fast going? 

I'm doing generally OK.  The problem I had back in the holidays is largely resolved.  The medications started working again.  Adding Linzess seemed to kickstart the whole process.  Now its business as usual, which is to say, life is generally not pleasant but I can get by every day and hold down a job to support my family.  For now, that will have to be enough.

I hung out with my friend over the weekend.  Since Monday I've been tapering off my food to get my stomach to shrink and tomorrow will be my first water only day.  So far so good.  My stomach is definitely shrunk.  I'm eating only one meal a day and when i eat I get full pretty quickly.  That's actually helped my C symptoms quite a bit.  Makes me want to stick to a limited diet after the fast is over to minimize the chronic pain and C.

• annie7 likes this

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9219 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

oh i'm so glad that your meds  started  working again. that's good.  although i sure do know what you mean about life not being pleasant but at least one can get by....i do hope and pray things get better for you.  you've been through so much.

good luck with your fast.  i hope it helps.

i didn't eat much, either, when my C was bad....

• wgbutler likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-C, CIC

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here