Is this IBS or something else? Im scared?!?! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Is this IBS or something else? Im scared?!?!

IBS Colon Cancer Bowel Symptoms

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bran_sun

bran_sun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

Advertisement

I have bowel issues, where I have feelings of incomplete bowel movements, often, sometimes alternating from constipation, and diarrhea, mostly constipation. I am straining when I have a bowel movement, I do get a "full" feeling, and dull pain, on the left side of my abdomen. It gets better when I have a bowel movement, but it starts back up once I eat something. I have not lost weight, in fact, im gaining weight, and there is no blood in my stool. I do have clear mucus in my stool often and I get ribbon like stools often as well. My main complaints are the feeling of incomplete bowel movements, and the "full" feeling in the left side of my abdomen under the rib cage. Some days are worse than others. I am male, 25, and there is no family history of colon cancer. What is this im concerned thank you!

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10272 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

it  sounds like ibs but it's always best to talk to your doctor about your symptoms to get a proper diagnosis.   

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 bran_sun

bran_sun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

it  sounds like ibs but it's always best to talk to your doctor about your symptoms to get a proper diagnosis.   

I have had two CT scans done in the past year and they were all normal. Plus all bloodwork has come back normal. Only thing is, I have not had a colonoscopy. They say I am too young and it is not necessary.

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10272 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

it sounds like your doctor has been very thorough.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 bran_sun

bran_sun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

it sounds like your doctor has been very thorough.

So is this normal for IBS? I am just always concerned about it being something more serious. I have really bad health anxiety, so I felt that if someone on here shared the same experiences as me, it would make me feel better. 

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10272 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

yes, those symptoms are normal for ibs.  your doctor has been very through with the testing and i'm sure that if your doctor thought that you might have something more serious, he/she would have discussed this with you.

it's a good idea to talk to your doctor or a counselor and get help for your health anxiety.   

#7 Rick9164

Rick9164

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:17 AM

(31y) I have the same symptoms as you, sometimes I have broken stools and undigested food, flat and sometimes thin, I recently decided to go to the gastroenterologist and what he gave me only made him have liquid diarrhea (salofalk, pinaverium bromide) schedule a colonoscopy, only that will stop my hypochondria.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, Colon, Cancer, Bowel, Symptoms

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here