Nervous about flex sig, any advice? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Nervous about flex sig, any advice?

ibs blood flex sig colonoscopy rectal bleeding hemorrhoid

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:56 PM

Advertisement
Just a bit of background: I had suffered from stomach issues in the past and have been scoped twice (one in 2016 due to occult blood in stool and a second one in 2017 because of stomach pain and to make sure nothing was missed) both were clear and biopsies showed no signs of inflammation. The only thing that came up with an internal hemorrhoid.

Lately, I have been having an increase of blood with bowel movements. I went to see my PCP during break and she did an anoscopy which showed that the hemorrhoid was there but it wasnt bleeding though it looked a bit raw. I was referred to a new GI who put me on rectal suppositories. However, I have been using them since around the end of December and they havent been helping. It seems that every time I pass a slightly larger stool I get a lot of blood in the toilet bowl and on the toilet paper (I do also get blood with smaller bms but its not as much.) I also have pain on the left side of my abdomen.

My GI scheduled me for a flex sig which I have on Friday. Im a little nervous because from my understanding Ill have sedation but I wont be completely out like I was for my colonoscopies. Anyone have any experience with the flex sig? Was it painful?

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

I had one many years ago.   If I recall it wasn't too bad.   Just a little cramping.    It didn't take very long.  

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9894 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

i had one many years ago.  i wasn't sedated for it.   don't remember having any pain.  and,  yes--they don't take very long.   

good luck with yours!

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, blood, flex sig, colonoscopy, rectal bleeding, hemorrhoid

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here