What could this be? Could it be a fecal impaction? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

What could this be? Could it be a fecal impaction?

fecal impaction bloating ibs rectal pain rectal bloating obstructed defecation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nomorepain23

nomorepain23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

Advertisement

Hi there.

Quite frequently these past few months, I end up with incomplete evacuation due to being in a hurry or pooping in an environment that I'm not very comfortable at. Like I feel there's something more to empty but I can't get it out. What happens next is that in the following hours I will go multiple times to the toilet with, in most cases, (pardon my french) explosive poop. Not diarrhea. Solid stool that very intensively comes out and it's more in the form of a large continuous piece when I look at it rather than normal size sausage shaped. And yet, I'll end up bloated with a feeling of something blocking my rectum despite going multiple times. I can understand this because when this whole thing happens, I can't easily pass gas for the rest of the day and if I go to poop the following day it will take a lot of strain for the poop to come out. And the bloating and pain goes on for like 3 to 4 days til I become regular again.

I have to say that my diet is rather mediocre in the meantime, as well. Usually eating in uneven hours and a lot of fatty foods I'll shamefully admit so that definitely contributes to the type of stool but still.

Could this actually be some form of minor fecal impaction or blocking or is it something else? It has happened many times and I'm wondering that even if inc. evacuation contributes to it, it's actually something else, not an obstruction. Has something similar happened to you?

Thanks in advance :)

#2 mellosphere

mellosphere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

To me this is just a normal symptom of ibs. It is annoying but if you are going multiple times per day then it is doubtful that there is any impaction. But it is uncomfortable for sure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fecal impaction, bloating, ibs, rectal pain, rectal bloating, obstructed defecation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here