4 Combined Probiotics vs IBS-D - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

4 Combined Probiotics vs IBS-D

probiotics

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Athan

Athan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:02 AM

Advertisement

Good morning everyone.

I've just read this clinical trial, concerning the positive effect of 4 combined probiotics on IBS-D.

The probiotics were Saccharomyces boulardii, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, and Lactobacillus plantarum with one capsule every 12 h for 30 days. (1,5 +1,75+1,75+0,5)B.U./cap. The results were pretty encouraging concerning all aspects of IBS-D.

You can read about the trial here : 

https://link.springe...2602-018-9401-3

I've been havind the exact same product for a few days now and I found it has an effect on my IBS too, but not so strong. The difference is that I've been having only one capsule per day, but after reading this I'll change this to two capsules per day, like the trial.

I know that a lot of people here have tried probiotics.

What I want to find out is if anyone has tried a combined therapy scheme like this and more importantly if any good results remained after the therapy period.

Have a nice and relaxed day !!

#2 Athan

Athan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:39 AM

Small update on my post.

I've been taking two capsules per day, for almost two months now.

IBS symptoms are extremely decreased, with a "diet" of everything. 

Even after big meals, I just have a bloated stomach feeling and a small "disturbance" in my gut, which is controllable and can wait till I get back home. My usual response after big meals was to visit a bathroom asap.

I'll continue taking the probiotics and let you know.

#3 onyx

onyx

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:13 AM

Thank you for posting back.  I have tried different probiotics over the years with little noticeable effect.  But will look into these mentioned in the study.  Good luck, I hope you continue to do well with them.

#4 njstomach3

njstomach3

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:12 AM

hey thanks for sharing. which probiotic do you use? what brand? 

Good morning everyone.

I've just read this clinical trial, concerning the positive effect of 4 combined probiotics on IBS-D.

The probiotics were Saccharomyces boulardii, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, and Lactobacillus plantarum with one capsule every 12 h for 30 days. (1,5 +1,75+1,75+0,5)B.U./cap. The results were pretty encouraging concerning all aspects of IBS-D.

You can read about the trial here : 

https://link.springe...2602-018-9401-3

I've been havind the exact same product for a few days now and I found it has an effect on my IBS too, but not so strong. The difference is that I've been having only one capsule per day, but after reading this I'll change this to two capsules per day, like the trial.

I know that a lot of people here have tried probiotics.

What I want to find out is if anyone has tried a combined therapy scheme like this and more importantly if any good results remained after the therapy period.

Have a nice and relaxed day !!

#5 Athan

Athan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:18 PM

Hello

The brand I'm using is Lactolevure.

https://www.uni-phar...lacto-levure-3/

I can easily find it in my country, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the world. It costs me about 5-6 euros per pack, containing 10 capsules each.

But even if you can't find the specific one, the probiotics and their dosage is described in the clinical trial link I provided and I think it won't be hard to create a combination of them using other brands.

Best of luck to everyone !!

hey thanks for sharing. which probiotic do you use? what brand? 

• njstomach3 likes this

#6 Venugarg

Venugarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

I have been using the combination for 2 years now. Didnt get significant results. It varies person to person and the environmental factors play a big role

#7 njstomach3

njstomach3

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:11 PM

can you educate me on how ones environment cant play a role with the gut 

I have been using the combination for 2 years now. Didnt get significant results. It varies person to person and the environmental factors play a big role

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: probiotics

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here