Suggestions for dealing with gas - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Suggestions for dealing with gas

Sitz mark bloating

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dac122

dac122

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:06 AM

Advertisement

Hi All,

Sorry for not posting an update sooner but I finally got my Sitz Mark test early January, and a funny thing happened.  One week before the test I was required to stop Miralax.  Much to my surprise my main symptom, bloating, seemed much less severe. 

The test showed normal transit times. That's good news.  You could say I got instant results.  On day 5 the Tech took my X-ray, disappeared from the room a long time.  They could not find the pill on X-ray. Ha!

I do continue to have bloating, to a lesser extent, but don't really have many options for dealing with it.  I take as much simethicone daily as possible but I still get bloating, especially after meals.  I am staying away from Miralax.  I knew Miralax could cause bloating but did not know how much.  I take ducosate sodium to soften stools.  

I am stumped what could be causing the bloating other than some kind of uncoordinated motility.  Doc called it dysmotility.  I am also thinking gas is a big problem since the simethicone does seem to help.  

Are there other things I can do to fight gas?   

(Here is a list of tests done over the years:  HIDA scan, two upper endoscopies, three colonoscopies, Bacterial Overgrowth Breath test,  Gastric Emptying ,Sitz Mark test, and a partridge in a pear tree. biggrin.png  I'd be happy to try other tests, if any exist. )

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9226 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:17 AM

so glad you passed your sitz marker test!  that's wonderful!

have you tried the low fodmap diet? that's supposed to help with gas and  bloating.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 dac122

dac122

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:07 AM

so glad you passed your sitz marker test!  that's wonderful!

have you tried the low fodmap diet? that's supposed to help with gas and  bloating.

I did try the FODMAP diet some time ago and even now I periodically abstain from certain foods thinking that will do it.  I try not to overdo it with fat, or dairy or sugar, for instance.  Maybe it helps some, but diet does not seem to be the full answer.   

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9226 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:17 PM

yes, i agree with you.  the low FODMAP diet didn't help me a 100%  either. 

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sitz mark, bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here