Hypersensitivity to all medications and foods - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Hypersensitivity to all medications and foods

Hypersensitivity fatigue depression

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cacarasa

cacarasa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:49 PM

Advertisement

Hello friends, I tell you my incredible story. I have been under psychiatric treatment for more than 15 years but the death of my father made me appear very strange symptoms of irritable bowel: hypersensitivity to almost all drugs and food, more fatigue, dizziness, more depression, anxiety, and so on. 

They did all the possible studies and they gave me well. Also all the medications that are generally prescribed for ibs cause me more depression, confusion and more fatigue.  I can no longer stand almost any food, only lean meats and 2 types of vegetables, and what makes me worse is the sugar and flour. I have tried xifafan and neomycin and I have felt much worse. Obviously my quality of life is nil and the antidepressant drugs I used to take are no longer tolerated either because they make my intestine hurt even more.

Is it the same for someone? any advice?

Thank you very much for reading and sorry for my English.

#2 Ylba

Ylba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:06 PM

¿Qué dice el doctor?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#3 cacarasa

cacarasa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:07 AM

Psychiatrists don't know what to do anymore because my body doesn't tolerate anything. I also went to a neurogastroenterologist who "found" me SIBO who treated me with antibiotics and I felt worse. I don't know who to turn to anymore... 

Thank you for responding

#4 Ylba

Ylba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:39 AM

Psychiatrists don't know what to do anymore because my body doesn't tolerate anything. I also went to a neurogastroenterologist who "found" me SIBO who treated me with antibiotics and I felt worse. I don't know who to turn to anymore... 

Thank you for responding

After you were treated for the SIBO, did you do any testing to make sure it was gone? I had SIBO for about 1 1/2 years and had to go through 2 rounds of treatment to get rid of it. It was a horrible experience and I often felt worse on the treatment which is common.

Another thing I did to help me feel better (I have IBS, PMDD, and bipolar II) was to go to a functional medicine physician. They look at your whole medical history from before you were born up to the present and can help pinpoint when things started going wrong and how to correct it.

#5 cacarasa

cacarasa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:07 PM

I did not have a second SIBO test... but as the test is not very reliable in its result the doctor opted to try other things. Will I really have SIBO? it's very coincidental because the symptoms started after my father's death...

thank you for the info

#6 Ylba

Ylba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:48 PM

I did not have a second SIBO test... but as the test is not very reliable in its result the doctor opted to try other things. Will I really have SIBO? it's very coincidental because the symptoms started after my father's death...

thank you for the info

It's possible. Stress is one of the things that can get the stomach out of balance and allow for SIBO. If you do a lactulose breath test, it should give you good results. I would look into it. I was feeling horrible until I got rid of my SIBO. If that's what you have, it could be worth it to do a test.

#7 cacarasa

cacarasa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:38 AM

Thanks for answering, I'll try again... do you know if oregano oil can be treated?

#8 Ylba

Ylba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:30 AM

Yes. Oregano oil can be used to treat SIBO. I would suggest working with a doctor who can tell you what supplements to use and in what doses.

#9 Ylba

Ylba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:52 PM

Also this is a good resource on SIBO. https://sibosurvivor.com

I would still work with a doctor for treatment, but this site has some good information on SIBO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hypersensitivity, fatigue, depression

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here