Best buy odor detector/air purifier for another LG sufferer - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Best buy odor detector/air purifier for another LG sufferer

leaky gas

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 krsnik93

krsnik93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:42 AM

Advertisement

Hi all,

I have started suffering from leaky gas a couple of months ago completely turning my life upside down in the process.

I have become too used to my own gas smell to detect it, relying on facial expressions of people around me to try and "guess" whether I have just let one out or not. I am trying to do everything in my powers to solve my LG problem (changing my diet, doing pelvic floor exercises, regular exercising etc.), but what's making it hard is not having this feedback effect of actually being able to tell how well I am doing in a certain period or situation.

Thus, I am looking for an affordable, as-sensitive-as-possible odor detector/air purifier which I can keep in my room and just use to keep track of how well am I doing with either a certain food regime, exercise regime or any other attempt at a solution. I figured this is the best place to ask.

I am based in the UK and would like to spend to more than £50. Am I asking for too much for too little?

P.S. I have read the official guide with examples like leaving the room and re-entering shortly after. Procedures like that are sometimes useful, but I am looking for something more precise where I can completely leave out reliance on my faulty sense of smell.

#2 mantaray

mantaray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

Put some water in your mouth, hold it there, and the smell will be very obvious.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leaky gas

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here