#1 Rua

Rua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:38 AM

Advertisement
I am a male now 40 and have suffered with this horrible thing since my early 20s.It has taken a terrible toll on my life. I ve avoided social events and i work a job i hate just because i feel i couldnt handle something where i didnt have access to a bathroom. I live in the country and am a keen hunter and fisherman. Its where i feel most at peace and i spend alot of time in the feild as my partener puts it gone missing. Its not ideal and i worry i m being reclusive and neglecting family time.Sometimes i feel i ve been born in the wrong century and its the modern world that causes alot of these issues. Anyway i said i would join and this is me saying hi.

#2 Belle142

Belle142

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:32 AM

Hi Rua,

Probably a daft question, but have you seen a doctor?  It took me about 3 years of really pushing to see different doctors, a gastroenterologist and dietician to get anywhere near an answer and solution.  Have you tried any types of medications or altered your diet?  I tried a number of medications, Colpermin seemed to be best for me, but ultimately it was changing my diet that has changed my life (and years of counselling alongside).  Keep a food diary if you haven't already, write down the meals, times you had them, any reaction, and any environmental factors in case part of it is anxiety.  Medics kept saying to me it was all anxiety, but it wasn't.  I worked out that I have food intolerances and IBS and my anxiety can aggrevate them.

When I first posted my story in this forum 5 years ago I had no replies and it disheartened me at the time but if you read everybody elses posts you will see that you are not alone.  There are also a number of blogs on places like Wordpress that you might find beneficial.

#3 Rua

Rua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:57 AM

Thanks for your reply Belle. I ve had a colonoscopy blood test etc. Doctors dont want to know. Spend money all many of natural remedies follow a fodmap diet it has helped a little but no cure. Mine is diffinity linked to stress and after so many years I believe it's now a learned reaction. Sorry for my more than late reply

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here