Anybody else lose their appetite? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anybody else lose their appetite?

ibs d

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fodmapsnah

fodmapsnah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

Advertisement

I have completely lost my appetite. I can't remember the last time I felt hungry. Do you think this could be the ibs or maybe just a vitamin deficiency. I'm thinking about taking zinc, I heard that it is used for stomach acid.

#2 ectaylor

ectaylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:46 PM

Hello, new member here. Yes, I do lose my appetite. I haven't heard about zinc and stomach acid. I do lose my appetite after having diarrhea I have strong cramping for days afterward. Last Tuesday I had a gut attack at work. Slowly easing back to solid food but can't eat much at a time. A week after this started, I have little to no energy with body aches. Energy drinks high in protein are easier to handle than solid food. Have you tried that?

#3 Vic Murillo

Vic Murillo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:03 PM

Hello, new member here. Yes, I do lose my appetite. I haven't heard about zinc and stomach acid. I do lose my appetite after having diarrhea I have strong cramping for days afterward. Last Tuesday I had a gut attack at work. Slowly easing back to solid food but can't eat much at a time. A week after this started, I have little to no energy with body aches. Energy drinks high in protein are easier to handle than solid food. Have you tried that?

Do  you have  to   stop eating solid  food?   for  how  long  do  you stay  on liquids? I  have a  sevre  flare  up and luckily  I still can  handle  solid  food  but almost  everything   triggers  me

#4 Vic Murillo

Vic Murillo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

I lose the  appetite  too but  mostly  because  of the stress , anxiety and  sometimes  depression

#5 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:45 AM

I'm just the opposite.   My stomach growls like crazy.    Just like hunger pangs.   So I actually feel hungry.  

#6 ectaylor

ectaylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:53 PM

My GI doctor said to go on liquids 2-4 days and ease back slowly into solids. It took me over a week after my last IBS-D flare-up to see things were getting back to normal. I've been taking a brand of advanced probiotics, 15 billion active,cultures. It works in the small intestine to relieve gas, bloating,abdominal pain and in the large intestine for constipation and irregularity. Took about a week to see a difference.

#7 RubyinMD

RubyinMD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:21 PM

Me. I haven't been hungry for 3 YEARS. I still eat, because I'm an emotional eater, but there's no enjoyment.

#8 Vic Murillo

Vic Murillo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:24 AM

My GI doctor said to go on liquids 2-4 days and ease back slowly into solids. It took me over a week after my last IBS-D flare-up to see things were getting back to normal. I've been taking a brand of advanced probiotics, 15 billion active,cultures. It works in the small intestine to relieve gas, bloating,abdominal pain and in the large intestine for constipation and irregularity. Took about a week to see a difference.

what  liquids  did  you take?

#9 ChronicTick

ChronicTick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:54 AM

Yes - to the point that I was dangerously underweight but have since forced myself to eat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs d

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here