SIBO survivor: 4 years since treatment - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

SIBO survivor: 4 years since treatment

SIBO anbibiotics

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 richgel999

richgel999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:42 AM

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm writing this for anyone who currently has SIBO. As most cases of IBS are actually SIBO (or possibly SIFO), just note that it is absolutely possible to treat and heal from this disease. I took several large courses of Rifaxamin and herbal antibiotics (following the treatment protocol on siboinfo.com). I was very aggressive with the antibotics, because I had to be. I also ate date syrup and Manuka Honey like crazy after the antibiotics because both were antibacterial. 

My SIBO is gone. My gut microbiota grew back over time. I can now eat anything (in moderation!). It wasn't easy, it was a very painful process, and I developed a B vitamin deficiency after the antibiotics. But it worked. I have no symptoms of SIBO. Of course, I will never eat like I used to before I got SIBO, because I now understand how to keep my new gut microbiota healthy.

I look at treating a hard case of SIBO with gut antibiotics like taking a course of "gut chemotherapy". Eventually in the future, there will be doctors who specialize in this form of treatment, because it's inevitable that people will eat horrible western diets and screw their microbiota up.

The problem with gut antibiotics is: how much, how long do use use them, and how many pulses do you use? As I was dying at the time I took the antibiotics, I had nothing to lose. 

-Rich

• flossy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SIBO, anbibiotics

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here