Gas at night - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Gas at night

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

Advertisement

I suffer with lots of gas during the night.   It wakes me up.   It feels like my intestines are moving around.   Just constant build up of gas.   Anyone else have this and any idea what might help.   I don't eat dinner close to bed time either.  

#2 johninpain

johninpain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

Hi Bushja 1

My wife is suffering with gas pain every night. She has bloating and can't sleep. She has been using a hot towel over her abdomen. That helps some but not much.

johninpain

#3 blowfish

blowfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:41 PM

One thing that helps me is to be slightly dehydrated when I go to bed. The sensation of a full bladder and being bloated wakes me up in the middle of the night. I find it difficult to go back to sleep after using the bathroom. I also sleep better if I exercise during the day.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here