Neurotherapy working or medicine - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Neurotherapy working or medicine

• Please log in to reply
2885 replies to this topic

#1 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:41 AM

Advertisement
Hello. I have been taking neurotherapy treatment since last 17 days. Also taking prucalopride daily. My bowels are ok. I am not sure what is working - neurotherapy or medicine.

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:07 AM

that's good that your bowels are ok.

maybe they are both working.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:27 AM

My neurotherapist told me to stop prucalopride in evening. I asked how can we know whether the medicine is working or neurotherapy is working. I am taking prucalopride in morning and evening. Please reply.

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:42 AM

well of course the only way you're really going to know if it is prucalopride that is working or the neurotherapy is to completely stop either one or the other and see what happens. 

but his plan is a good idea, too.  if you stop your evening dose of prucalopride and you notice that your bms are adversely affected by this, then you'll know that prucalopride was  working.   if your bms are not affected by stopping the evening dose, then you can try stopping the morning dose as well and see what happens.  you did say earlier that  prucalopride was working for you  before when you were taking it.   i think you said you were taking just one dose a day back then. 

and, like i mentioned earlier, maybe they both are working.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

Thanks Annie. Will stop prucalopride evening dose tonight. Will update you.

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:55 AM

thanks.  good luck.  thanks for keeping us posted.

#7 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:58 AM

I did not take prucalopride yesterday night. Still I had bowel movement today. Seems like neurotherapy is working.

#8 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:27 AM

yes, but if you took prucalopride yesterday morning then it also could be that the one dose of prucalopride is working too.  you did say that you've taken one dose daily of prucalopride in the past and that it helped. 

the only way to know for sure if the neurotherapy is working is to take no prucalopride at all for a few days or so or maybe a week to get it out of your system.

#9 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2120 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:52 AM

yes, but if you took prucalopride yesterday morning then it also could be that the one dose of prucalopride is working too.  you did say that you've taken one dose daily of prucalopride in the past and that it helped. 

the only way to know for sure if the neurotherapy is working is to take no prucalopride at all for a few days or so or maybe a week to get it out of your system.

I agree, a few days to a week without.

• annie7 likes this

#10 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:54 AM

Could be one dose of prucalopride may be working. I can only know if I stop it completely. I will speak to my neurotherapist today.

#11 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:05 AM

yes, but only do this if you really want to.  i would hate to see you get all backed up and constipated if prucalopride was helping and you stopped taking it.  good luck with everything.

#12 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 12:36 AM

Today incomplete evacuation. Yesterday evening did not take prucalopride. My neurotherapist told it is ok.

#13 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:28 AM

that's too bad about the incomplete evacuation.  maybe prucalopride was working after all.  could be too early to tell--don't know.....

#14 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:39 AM

I am gonna stop neurotherapy for 3 days. And take prucaloporide twice a day as advised by the doctor. I am in real bad shape today.

#15 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:44 AM

i'm sorry you're in such bad shape today. 

yes, sounds like a good idea to resume taking prucalopride twice a day like your doctor recommended.  hope you get some relief soon.

#16 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:25 AM

I told my neurotherapist not to come tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. I told him the reason too. I told him that I will be taking my medicine twice a day as advised by the doctor. He has agreed not to come. Will update you.

#17 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:29 AM

thanks for keeping us updated.  good luck with everything.

#18 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:28 AM

I took prucalopride yesterday evening. My bowels are better today. Told my neurotherapist not to come for three days.
  • flossy likes this

#19 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9546 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:32 AM

oh i'm so glad your bowels are better today.  thanks for the update. 

#20 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2120 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:30 PM

I took prucalopride yesterday evening. My bowels are better today. Told my neurotherapist not to come for three days.

It looks like the prucalopride is doing its job. The neurotherapy? I'm not too sure about. 

I'm glad the medication is working for you. Keep us posted.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here