IBS and Virus Symtoms . . . Need Help! - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

IBS and Virus Symtoms . . . Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MissCaruso

MissCaruso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:10 PM

Advertisement

Hello,

I am a 58 year old woman who has suffered with IBS C and D for as long as I can remember.  To make a long story short, I have been to many gastroenterologists and have had multiple colonoscopies (upper and lower).  All have shown no problems.  I have tried Xifaxan, loads of different probiotics, digestive enzymes, calcium, Vitamin D, eating gluten-free, etc., all to no avail.  I follow a very low-fat and protein rich diet due to pancreas issues and not being able to digest high fat foods.  My diet mainly consists of rice, chicken, vegetables, soups, potatoes, cereal, some fruit, some chocolate and cookies once in a while and occasional bread but not too much wheat and I am lactose intolerant, too.  Lately, I have experienced the following (as strange as it may sound):  first, I feel like I am coming down with the flu.  I get a very slight sore throat and terrible body aches, extreme fatigue and in a matter of a day I have diarrhea and a lot of gas.  This seems to be happening weekly.  It takes about three days to resolve itself and I may be ok for a week but then all the symptoms return. Yes, I am stressed and I know there is a mind/gut connection but I find my problems now are very extreme.  I currently take an anti-depressant.  Has anyone experienced this viral type/IBS problem?  Thank for your help.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here