IBS cure/treatment (Ex-IBS-C curious about funding) - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS cure/treatment (Ex-IBS-C curious about funding)

ibs leaky gut glutamine cure treatment funding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 riskdebonair

riskdebonair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Advertisement

I used to have IBS-C.  I had it for quite a few years not knowing what it was for the most part of it.  It was hell.  At my worst I was eating honey to keep myself from disintegrating. 

I'm from the UK.  The NHS was useless.  At first I thought I had parasites.  I have a biochemistry degree so I researched a lot into what was possibly wrong.

When a doctor finally told me I had IBS, I took that as a bullsh*t diagnosis, as IBS doesn't really mean anything other than "we don't really know".  

Anyway I developed a cure over the summer based on available research and mapping together the disease.  It is heavily glutamine based to help repair the intestinal wall, with also other stuff to modulate the microbiome. 

I had certain starch and gluten intolerance.  After making and trying my stuff, my digestive pains vanished.  I forgot what normal digestion felt like.  Last month I began eating starches again, no problem.  I can eat large platefuls of stuff no problem, and I am pooping and farting like a prince which is amazing. 

I'm not sure if my gluten intolerance has vanished.  I no longer have a twisting feeling in my gut when I eat gluten containing foods, but I might still be having a slight immune reaction, as the gluten has theoretically entered my blood stream and reacted with my white blood cells, making it an allergen.  Time should sort that out, but I have also developed an idea to reset immune response to gluten. 

Anyway, I have developed a workable cure/treatment for IBS, which theoretically requires eating a sweet (the stuff I designed) in the morning before any food, and at night (on and off, doesn't seem to matter), avoiding trigger foods (starches + gluten), and then returning to the trigger foods once the digestive process reaches a healthy point where it can look after itself.  The drugs scope is theoretically beyond just IBS, but I am focusing on the IBS treatment part of it, as that is why I developed it.  It has been an absolute life changer to no longer have to cry at food knowing it might poison me, and I want others to poop like a prince. 

I'm posting here to find out what the situation on cures is?  I know there has been a lot of development in the microbiome world recently (that's where/how I developed my stuff).  Also is there any organizational bodies that offer funding?  I'm trying to get my product on the market, but that seems insanely costly. 

I look forward to hearing back from anyone with info relating to other potential cures which exist, as well as funding opportunities.

Kind regards,

RD

#2 mrcasual

mrcasual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:37 PM

I think nothing officially has been certified as a cure yet. At least from the information I can find online. For funding I think you will need to address to some medical organization (see for companies who making medicines or supplements)  or an educational institution maybe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, leaky gut, glutamine, cure, treatment, funding

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here