Fasting didn't help leaky gas - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Fasting didn't help leaky gas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lone_wolf777

lone_wolf777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:04 AM

Advertisement

Went to a funeral a while ago and tried fasting for a couple days beforehand.  I only drank water.  Digestively speaking, I felt fully evacuated and clean the entire time.  Yet, sure enough my signature fart smell became apparent to everyone around me.  Even I caught a few whiffs. 

At this point, I'm pretty much out of ideas.       

#2 CutandPaste

CutandPaste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:17 AM

I can totally relate to that. There are days when it seems that food does play a role in this and then there are days when it seems like it will appear no matter what. Foodmap does give some relief for me but it is far from stating that I can depend on this diet. Also who has the time to always prepare these meals so detailed and it ain’t cheap either.
Fasting wasn’t the answer for me as well

#3 clearsky001

clearsky001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:43 AM

fasting can make the smell worse, especially in the short term. Theoretically fasting could help you smell better but that would be after your body has cleansed itself of all the bad stuff which could take weeks.  Also if you dont address the underlying issue it could come back. have you tried exercising to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles for improved continence?

You are not really suppose to do long fasts without doctors supervision.

#4 masonmartin

masonmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:36 AM

Hey, what I have read leaking gas is normal, and smelly gas is caused by the bacteria in our gut, and starving the bacteria do not solves the problem, I just went through a couple of site which claims to provide the fart pills you can check - flatuscents.com and pilulepet.com for more info.

#5 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:06 AM

Hey, what I have read leaking gas is normal, and smelly gas is caused by the bacteria in our gut, and starving the bacteria do not solves the problem, I just went through a couple of site which claims to provide the fart pills you can check - flatuscents.com and pilulepet.com for more info.

Has anyone tried these fart pills?   Sounds kind of like snake oil to me.  

#6 LittleSteps

LittleSteps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:33 AM

Fasting won't help because some foods ferment in your gut and may take months to completely get evecuated. Try low-fodmap diet(for a few months at least) and exercise religiously and it will get better while we all wait for an official treatment.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here