My symptoms started with extremely low calorie diet and lifting weights - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

My symptoms started with extremely low calorie diet and lifting weights

exercise sleep diet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sam123

sam123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Advertisement

Hello all,

My story began with an extremely low calorie diet and lifting heavy weights frequently. Ever since then, I have had issues.

I go to the bathroom alot and for long periods of time. The stools are extremely mushy, and difficult to get out. I have lower abdomen discomfort (right below the belly button) and sometimes pain. It feels like my food is not being digested properly, like it just sitting in the intestines. I also have bloating and gas. It also disrupts my sleep at night. I fall asleep within 5 minutes, but very light sleep and constantly waking up. I almost always fall right back asleep, but it is not proper sleep.

I have done a lot of blood tests, colonoscopy, endoscopy, MRI. I did the low fodmap, eliminated dairy and lactose. I have tried probiotics and some supplements. I really like my doctor, and he is trying ibs medications and not giving up on me, and I am staying positive that this will eventually be healed, and still trying to do the best that I can in my situation.

I am not depressed, anxious, stressed, nervous (except from the not sleeping properly, but is a result not cause).

I still try to exercise 1/2 hour a day 5-6 days a week. I eat much healthier and better now. Proper amount of healthy protein, carbs and fats. 

If anyone has any ideas or a similar story, let me know. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exercise, sleep, diet

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here