Leaky gas/constipation/ colonoscopy - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Leaky gas/constipation/ colonoscopy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thickthighs1

thickthighs1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

Advertisement
I have had leaky gas and constipation for double digit years. Recently I went to the gastroenterologist and found out that giving myself enemas wasnt the answer.
She told me to take more fiber and water and gave me instructions to get some Golightly ( for a colonoscopy).
I had previously had two cat scans because of pain. The poo was backed up in me causing pain.
After I took the Golightly I havent had a poo smell since. Also no more leaky gas. I eat Cheerios cereal every morning and drink half a glass of prune juice, drink water to make sure I poo ever day
Is it possible the poo smell comes from good trapped in the colon?

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:10 PM

Yes.

Also, you might want to try no extra fiber at all. About 85% of us on this board feel that any extra fiber, both soluble and insoluble, gives us more constipation. So if extra fiber is not helping? Try none.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here