Anyone tried Atrantil? - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anyone tried Atrantil?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lsgv100

lsgv100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:52 AM

Advertisement

I was diagnosed with SIBO (H) and I was on Rifaximin for a month. After that, the bloating and gas has reduced but hasn't stopped completely. I started taking Atrantil and it really worked like a wonder. The leaky gas seems to have gone completely, but only for a few days and then it came back when I was under heavy stress. This time I increased the dosage from recommended 2 to 3 capsules and it looked like it worked again. I still have to find out the best dosage for me. My question is did anyone with SIBO try Atrantil. 

#2 Kascade

Kascade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:22 PM

I am thinking of trying Atrantíl now does it still work for you?

#3 oceanblue141

oceanblue141

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:58 AM

Good to hear Atranil worked for you. I strongly believe LG is due to stress (tight abdominal and below muscles) as when i tried Escitalopram oxalate(anti depressant) i was free of LG for over 6-8 months while using it. It returned back when i stopped medications. Anyhow to give it a try and test my luck i ordered Atranil on Amazon. Let me try and get back here.

How many days did it take for your LG to stop? Did your LG come back while you were still using Atranil? 

• Toletum likes this

#4 Kascade

Kascade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:13 PM

Good to hear Atranil worked for you. I strongly believe LG is due to stress (tight abdominal and below muscles) as when i tried Escitalopram oxalate(anti depressant) i was free of LG for over 6-8 months while using it. It returned back when i stopped medications. Anyhow to give it a try and test my luck i ordered Atranil on Amazon. Let me try and get back here.

How many days did it take for your LG to stop? Did your LG come back while you were still using Atranil? 

Am glad that worked for you. Ive had this issue for over 5 years now Ill use anything to stop it am so sick of it :(
Is it easy to get this medication prescribed by doctors? Also do you have IBS -C and does it help with chronic constipation?

I get very nervous every time I step out of my door especially in the mornings and have terrible incomplete evacuation ugh

#5 borggren4

borggren4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:09 PM

Tried it, around two weekend in, started with 2 then 3 but Ive not noticed any significant changes if any at all.

#6 oceanblue141

oceanblue141

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:49 AM

Atrantil did not work for me. Tried for 30 days - 2 bottles - 2 pills morning, 2 at lunch, 2 after dinner (6 pills per day for 30 days)

#7 lsgv100

lsgv100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:40 PM

Initially Atrantil worked great for me, but it seems it doesnt have as much affect as earlier. I stoped it totally. I will try to use when needed when I am under stress. Did anyone test for SIBO? I am going to take a breath test again and check for methane

#8 jza

jza

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:12 PM

Initially Atrantil worked great for me, but it seems it doesnt have as much affect as earlier. I stoped it totally. I will try to use when needed when I am under stress. Did anyone test for SIBO? I am going to take a breath test again and check for methane

I don't have leaky gas, but I have SIBO-C (methane dominant). When I did my breath test, my methane levels were extremely high. I did multiple rounds of prescription antibiotics, and the SIBO returned every time when I stopped. Atrantil has worked well for me. I started it a few weeks ago. I did 2 capsules 3x a day for the first two weeks, and I've been using 2 capsules 2x a day for the past week. Hoping to get down to 2 capsules 1x per day at a month without adverse affects. It has significantly reduced my gas and bloating. I also take Linzess for the constipation, but the combination with the Atrantil has minimized most of my SIBO symptoms.

#9 lsgv100

lsgv100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:04 PM

Where did you get tested for Sibo Methane, any diagnostic center or hospital? I postponed my GI consultation due to Corona virus.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here