Excessive Flatulence and possible solutions - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Excessive Flatulence and possible solutions

Flatulence

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sfrances

sfrances

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:55 AM

Advertisement

Hi, I was diagnosed with SIBO and IBS this year and I want to share my story and hear yours. 

I took Xifaxan treatment, Herbal Treatments but it didn't work at all. My symptom is Excessive Flatulence, I use to work in meetings, closed spaces with people and  it has been I little bit difficult to deal with it. It is an unconformable condition to deal but it is something we can control a bit.

What I have found?

I was taking HCL supplement to enhance my digestion for a couple of months but actually I was making my symptoms worse.

I found that no matter what I ate my symptoms were there, once I got rid of HCL my symptoms were improving a bit. After a little talk with a Naturopath I found that I might have Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO or a sulfur issue, doing some of a research I found that following a low sulfur diet my symptoms improved.

Supplements that I am taking:

-EPSON Salts baths, Molybdenum (Biotics), Bio-HPF (Biotics), Butyric-Cal-Mag (Biotics), Calcium D-Glucarate, Hydroxocobalamin, Korean Red Panax Ginseng and Trace Minerals. 

This is my first week taking them and it seems to help, I will give you an update after a few weeks. 

Also I found that the hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria generate gas using Bile acids, so when we eat high fat meats or we are under an stress situation we produce more bile acid and for that reason more gas is produced by these hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria.

So the supplements are working as binders and stabilizers of hydrogen sulfide production and the Sulfide to Sulfate conversion as well.

So in addition, I will be taking a Probiotic only with Lactobacillus Plantarum that has been shown good results in reducing hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria. 

I hope this works for you, I am not 100% cured but I think this help and it is a step forward. I will give you an update after a few weeks. See you soon. 

#2 CountofMontecristo

CountofMontecristo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:21 AM

So, does it help you ?

Hi, I was diagnosed with SIBO and IBS this year and I want to share my story and hear yours. 

I took Xifaxan treatment, Herbal Treatments but it didn't work at all. My symptom is Excessive Flatulence, I use to work in meetings, closed spaces with people and  it has been I little bit difficult to deal with it. It is an unconformable condition to deal but it is something we can control a bit.

What I have found?

I was taking HCL supplement to enhance my digestion for a couple of months but actually I was making my symptoms worse.

I found that no matter what I ate my symptoms were there, once I got rid of HCL my symptoms were improving a bit. After a little talk with a Naturopath I found that I might have Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO or a sulfur issue, doing some of a research I found that following a low sulfur diet my symptoms improved.

Supplements that I am taking:

-EPSON Salts baths, Molybdenum (Biotics), Bio-HPF (Biotics), Butyric-Cal-Mag (Biotics), Calcium D-Glucarate, Hydroxocobalamin, Korean Red Panax Ginseng and Trace Minerals. 

This is my first week taking them and it seems to help, I will give you an update after a few weeks. 

Also I found that the hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria generate gas using Bile acids, so when we eat high fat meats or we are under an stress situation we produce more bile acid and for that reason more gas is produced by these hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria.

So the supplements are working as binders and stabilizers of hydrogen sulfide production and the Sulfide to Sulfate conversion as well.

So in addition, I will be taking a Probiotic only with Lactobacillus Plantarum that has been shown good results in reducing hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria. 

I hope this works for you, I am not 100% cured but I think this help and it is a step forward. I will give you an update after a few weeks. See you soon. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flatulence

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here