Frustrated after a year of no answers - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Frustrated after a year of no answers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JoGreeley

JoGreeley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:27 AM

Advertisement
I have been having issues with IBS constantly for just over one year. In the past year I have lost 50 pounds. My appetite and amount of food consumed hasnt changed. I am in the bathroom for 5 to 7 hours every day. For most of this time I was under the care of one GI doctor. He diagnosed me with ulcerative proctitis. After several months of no improvement I started to see a different doctor at a larger hospital. I have had one appointment he wasnt able to do much since my previous doctor didnt send my previous records. After 4 requests my previous doctor finally sent the records. I am now waiting for the hospital to assign me to a different doctor because it appears that my condition is different than originally thought. So I am basically tired of all of this and want answers as to what is going on with me. Thank you for reading this. I hope this didnt sound like a rant at all.

#2 Paolopaul

Paolopaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:04 AM

Hi Jo,

sorry to hear you are going through all this - are you having issues with certain foods or does it make no difference? 

and have you tried any medications? Or yoga?

Im early into this process and interested to hear how people have gone about coping with the condition.

thanks

paul

#3 liz:)

liz:)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:28 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. I was diagnosed with IBS in 8th grade and lost around 45 pounds because of it and I was stuck in the bathroom for most of the day. Hang in there because it gets better. Once you find the right doctor and the right medication for you, you will be on the right track. 

• JoGreeley likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here