Farting 100-200 times a day for 5 years - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Farting 100-200 times a day for 5 years

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:35 AM

Advertisement
So Everytime I eat something no matter what within seconds for the rest of the day gas keeps pressuring my anus, when I pass it, it generates again and I need to go to pass, and the Same happen Al over again for the rest of the day.

I tried many test and everything turned out fine.

I tried many diets , nothing worked, not even a little bit.

I tried taking many things against the gas , nothing worked.

I am at the end of the rope.

Doctors don't have solution .

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:55 AM

I've also had this problem for years.   Some days are worse than others.   Usually if my IBS-D is acting up I take some lomotil or motofen and it helps a little.  I still might get gas but it doesn't smell as bad. 

#3 CalmWaters

CalmWaters

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:19 PM

What exactly did you try? Farting excessively seems likely to be a digestion and absorption problem. Do you have enough stomach acid? Did you check for pancreatic insufficiency? Are you losing weight drastically? Describe everything that changed since your symptoms started and you might see a clearer picture of what you need.

#4 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

I've been checked for pancreas.   I don't know how they check for stomach acid.   My symptoms started in my 20's and I'm 70 now so they've been consistent my whole life.   It sucks.

#5 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:25 AM

What exactly did you try? Farting excessively seems likely to be a digestion and absorption problem. Do you have enough stomach acid? Did you check for pancreatic insufficiency? Are you losing weight drastically? Describe everything that changed since your symptoms started and you might see a clearer picture of what you need.

Yes I tried all those things.

No I am not losing any weight.

My only symptoms I had for these 5 years is almost constantly gas pressuring my anus. when I pass the gass, within a couple of moments the same happens again and again and again and again.

Also from time to time I feel bubbles of gas escaping my anus without any control.

I went twice to GI, they have nothing to offer me.

I am frustrated, no one understands my problem.

I tried SIBO test, blood tests, celiac, ultrasound, lactose.

Tried enzymes, that active carbo (forgot the full name, its suppose to absorb gas).

I Tried many things I cant write it all out of my head.

But everything I tried didnt help even a little bit.

#6 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

Yes I tried all those things.

No I am not losing any weight.

My only symptoms I had for these 5 years is almost constantly gas pressuring my anus. when I pass the gass, within a couple of moments the same happens again and again and again and again.

Also from time to time I feel bubbles of gas escaping my anus without any control.

I went twice to GI, they have nothing to offer me.

I am frustrated, no one understands my problem.

I tried SIBO test, blood tests, celiac, ultrasound, lactose.

Tried enzymes, that active carbo (forgot the full name, its suppose to absorb gas).

I Tried many things I cant write it all out of my head.

But everything I tried didnt help even a little bit.

Unfortunately I have the exact same symptoms.  I know they say misery loves company but it doesn't really help does it?  

#7 sfrances

sfrances

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

I am in the same situation, flatulence all day, with sibo, ibs etc... I think I have found my root cause, you should check too, in my case is celiac desease, this is the cause for gas issues and my small intestine damage (sibo & ibs).

I recommend you that tell your DR. About this and test for celiac desease. The only treatment is Gluten free diet and multivitamins.

I hope this works for you,

#8 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:44 PM

I've been tested for celiac and tried a gluten free diet to no avail.   Gas is still a constant battle.

#9 sfrances

sfrances

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:30 PM

Hi, sorry to hear that, I am facing the same, what I can tell you is that you probably have your small intestine irritated or damaged, for that reason I mentioned celiac disease. Repair will take time, do not expect short term results, test again for celiac through iga or igg test or a biopsy. I tell you because I was miss diagnosed the first time, but my new Dr. told me that was concerned about it.

So the problem is you have rapid transit time due to the damage in the small intestine, follow a low fat diet will help, eat vegetables, fruits in a very balance diet. I recommend to give up milk for one year or more.

Milk or lactose is problematic this will help to reduce your symptoms ,

Also you could use binders, bismuth, zinc acetate, prebiotics, probiotics will help as well.

In my case Eggs, milk, and high fat foods are a little bit problematics, since they will make you to produce more bile acids and they will create gas once the bile enters the large intestine and reach the sulfate reducing bacteria.

So I hope this might help you, dont give up, there should be a solution.

#10 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:33 PM

I did celiac test twice, came out negative.

I also did SIBO test, also came out negative.

I took probiotics for many many months didnt work.

I tried many kinds of diets, didnt work.

#11 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:39 AM

I did celiac test twice, came out negative.

I also did SIBO test, also came out negative.

I took probiotics for many many months didnt work.

I tried many kinds of diets, didnt work.

Same for me...nothing helps.  

#12 sfrances

sfrances

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:10 PM

Hi, you should try NOW Foods Pancreatin 10X - 200mg capsules. They works for me! You could find them in amazon. These are three enzymes that helps your pancreas since it is not making enough enzymes to digest your food. Try it you won’t regret it.

:-)

#13 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 03:04 AM

Hi, you should try NOW Foods Pancreatin 10X - 200mg capsules. They works for me! You could find them in amazon. These are three enzymes that helps your pancreas since it is not making enough enzymes to digest your food. Try it you won’t regret it.

:-)

Damn... I tried that too lol.

#14 sfrances

sfrances

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:46 AM

Damn... I tried that too lol.

Did you try Zinc Gluconate? It helps a lot with gas.

#15 sfrances

sfrances

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

May be you have a Zinc deficiency, Zinc is a very important mineral required for a proper gut function.

#16 JushinLiger

JushinLiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:17 PM

I'm having the same issue. I've been suffering for 17 years. I know it will take awhile to find a solution to the problem. Currently, my doctor is recommending the low-FODMAP diet and getting an food allergy test. 

My question is, are any of you guys able to have a social life? I'm embarrassed to walk out the house. I'm pretty sure even my neighbors hear me farting in my own home if they have their windows open. I can tell people notice when I go out because of the funny looks I get. Luckily, most people are nice and don't say anything, but then there are the ones who laugh. I would like to live life to the fullest and meet new people, but it's hard to have a conversation with someone when I can't go two minutes without passing some gas. Any suggestions? 

#17 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:11 AM

I'm having the same issue. I've been suffering for 17 years. I know it will take awhile to find a solution to the problem. Currently, my doctor is recommending the low-FODMAP diet and getting an food allergy test. 

My question is, are any of you guys able to have a social life? I'm embarrassed to walk out the house. I'm pretty sure even my neighbors hear me farting in my own home if they have their windows open. I can tell people notice when I go out because of the funny looks I get. Luckily, most people are nice and don't say anything, but then there are the ones who laugh. I would like to live life to the fullest and meet new people, but it's hard to have a conversation with someone when I can't go two minutes without passing some gas. Any suggestions? 

I am a walking embarassment. I am starting to get suicidal from this whole situation.

I know one person who had this problem and had some type of internal prolapse... perhaps we should check that part out...

Did you do any invasive tests?

#18 JushinLiger

JushinLiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:39 PM

I am a walking embarassment. I am starting to get suicidal from this whole situation.

I know one person who had this problem and had some type of internal prolapse... perhaps we should check that part out...

Did you do any invasive tests?

I haven't. Currently, I'm trying to stick to a low-FODMAP diet for six weeks, but it's difficult. 

#19 sfrances

sfrances

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:34 PM

Hi again, 

Have you verified your liver condition? your enzymes levels (AST & ALT)?

#20 JushinLiger

JushinLiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:56 PM

I haven't yet. I know this is going to be trial and error situation. I just called an allergist to try to get a food allergy test, and unfortunately, they weren't doing allergy test because of the corona virus. They were only doing stuff over the phone.  

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here