peppermint oil - does it matter if the enteric coating dissolves? - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Treatments - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

peppermint oil - does it matter if the enteric coating dissolves?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grizzzlybear

grizzzlybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:20 AM

Advertisement
I've just started taking peppermint oil capsules to reduce cramping, but often I can tell the coating has failed in my stomach because I can taste it. Will the oil still end up in my intestines and do its thing, even if it has to spend time in the stomach first, or is it useless unless it only breaks open in the small intestine?

#2 karend

karend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:48 PM

That's a really good question. My daughter cannot swallow the pills so I placed in apple sauce to give her. I'm wondering it will work the same. Let me know if you've figure it out!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here