How I cured my IBS - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

How I cured my IBS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NicoT101

NicoT101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:01 PM

Advertisement
I suffered with IBS for over 7 years of my life. I tried all the medical advice on my diet and also underwent numerous treatments, medications diet changes, exercise. I even changed jobs so that I was less stressed! Nothing ever worked. Eventually I felt helpless with no more tricks or tips to try, I was depressed and sick of everything, I was socially awkward and struggled to fit in, I felt different to others and it was unfair. I then decided to do something that no one told me to do. I stopped eating all meat and fish and I also stopped consuming dairy. I now know that this is called the vegan diet, when I first heard of it I thought it was extreme and I like meat. Besides, no one ever told me to cut meat or animal products out of my diet, they actually told me that I would not get all the minerals I needed from plants. So, i decided to get a multi vitamin with B12 and the rest and went full on the Vegan diet. It's been over a year now and I have no problems with my gut and I am healthier than I have ever been. I'm not a doctor or scientist and I dont know if this will help anyone else. But I wanted to share my story as I honestly feel your pain. Good luck and I hope everyone with IBS gets cured! (Btw, I have no issues eating high FODMAP foods either).

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here