Symprove and Rifaximin at the same time? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Symprove and Rifaximin at the same time?

SIBO probiotics antibiotics symprove Rifaximin

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 VarunKesar

VarunKesar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:35 AM

Advertisement

Hi All, 

I was recently diagnosed with SIBO.

My doctor recommend 2 weeks of Rifaximin, followed by 6 weeks of Symprove - this probiotic - https://www.symprove.com/

However, on the Symprove website it says that one can take antibiotics and Symprove at the same time (not literally at the same time, but one can use them together) 

I am really really worried about reducing the effectiveness of the Rifaximin, and I worried that using Symprove might do this for 2 reasons: 

- Making the problematic bacteria "dormant" so the antibiotic doesn't kill the problematic bacteria
- The increase of motility from Symprove means that the antibiotic doesn't have enough time to kill the problematic bacteria 

But on the other-hand, I do want to take asap Symprove if possible. I am currently taking Optibac, and they seem to be helping manage the symptoms - 

Does anyone have experience or knowledge in this area?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SIBO, probiotics, antibiotics, symprove, Rifaximin

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here