Post-infectious IBS + Diagnosis + ibs-smart™ - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Post-infectious IBS + Diagnosis + ibs-smart™

IBS diarrhea post-infectious IBS-d IBS-A Pimentel ibssmart ibs-smart Diagnostic test

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PatientCare_ibs-smart

PatientCare_ibs-smart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 March 2020 - 03:18 PM

Advertisement

Has anyone here taken the ibs-smart blood test for IBS-d? 

It was developed by Dr. Mark Pimentel and his team M.A.S.T. at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles. I work with his team to get the latest education out there regarding the new and only diagnostic tool for post-infectious IBS (IBS that was caused by bacterial food poisoning). 

At this time it's the only accurate and licensed test for IBS available and I'd love to answer any questions you might have regarding ibs-smart and/or post-infectious IBS.

If you have taken it, can you help tell us more about your experience? 

#2 jeanbalch

jeanbalch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:34 PM

I haven't taken it, but interested in doing so. Any advice to have it done?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

#3 PatientCare_ibs-smart

PatientCare_ibs-smart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:24 PM

Hi Jean- happy to answer any questions!

It's pretty simple to have the test done, it's a single tube blood test. There are two ways of getting of the test though:

1) Use the online prescriber to order the test if it's right for you by ordering your ibs-smart™ kit and then answering a few symptoms questions to be reviewed by our online prescriber which we will then ship you your kit and email you the doctor signed test order (requisition form) to bring with you to get your sample collected. Go to www.ibssmart.com/patient-order and go to "Ready to order ibs-smart?" to begin this process. ($199) *Along with your results, we will include an itemized super bill for your insurance. 

or

2) Order your ibs-smart™ kit to be shipped to you and have your current doctor order the test and sign the test order form and then bring the kit and form to get your sample collected. Go to www.ibssmart.com/patient-order and go to "Partner with your current doctor" to begin this process. ($220)

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback or if you'd prefer you can email us directly at [email protected] 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, diarrhea, post-infectious, IBS-d, IBS-A, Pimentel, ibssmart, ibs-smart, Diagnostic, test

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here