IBS with Anemia and the Corona Virus - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS with Anemia and the Corona Virus

IBS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 helenvesperman

helenvesperman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:53 PM

Advertisement

I have had IBS-A for about 9 years.  Went through a battery of tests before getting the diagnosis.  Was instructed to delete dairy and gluten, which helped.  Moved about 2 years ago and my symptoms have become more frequent.  For the past 2 weeks, I have had pain in lower right abdomen and back, very soft black stool, and some diarrhea. 

Blood test last week showed no infection, but I am anemic in spite of taking daily iron supplement.  The Internist left instructions for me to go to the ER if not better in a few days, to see about blood loss.  The pain is better, but stool is still black and very soft. 

The GI doctor that the Internist suggested is not making appointments (probably due to county closure for Corona Virus).  Not sure what I should do.  Anyone have black stool (anemia) with IBS?

#2 wetherell

wetherell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:57 AM

Is your stool black because there's blood in it? The combination of black stool plus anemia makes me wonder if you are having intestinal bleeding, but I assume your doctors would have tested for that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here