Low, right pelvic pain - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Low, right pelvic pain

pelvic pain abdominal ache sharp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DottyG

DottyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:49 PM

Advertisement

Ok, I need some reassurance here.  Is it possible (likely) that the really low, right-sided abdominal pain that I've been having recently could be IBS?  I've had IBS for many years now.  You'd think I'd know the answer to this.  But I'm panicking here.

I'm under stress right now.  I say that with a laugh, because we're ALL under stress right now.  This whole isolation, fear of getting this virus, gotta be on top of things all the time situation we're in is really stressing me out.

For about a week now, I've had intermittent pain low in the right side of my abdomen - like really low.

I thought it was period pain, so I called my gynecologist who asked that I get some blood work done last week.  Turns out, I'm post-menopause now (wow!  That was easier than I thought it'd be - it just passed me by?!)  Consequently, I needed to stop taking the Progesterone she had me on.  We thought that might be part of the pain, as that can be a side effect of it.  I've been off of it for a week now.  How long does it take to get that out of the system?

I can't actually go to the doctor right now.  I'm terrified enough as it is of this virus, and I'm not getting close to a doctor's office where I'd really freak out with worry.

So I'm having to self-diagnose for now.  Could this just be IBS?

It's not constant.  It's like a twinge of pain every so often.  Kinda sharp/achy feeling.  It comes quickly and goes quickly.  Almost a pulse-like thing.

If it's just IBS, I can try to relax and not worry about.  But I don't want to be dying here and not know it's something serious.

Help. :(

#2 DottyG

DottyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:30 AM

Anyone?

Does no one else have pain with IBS?

#3 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:50 AM

I get discomfort but on my lower left abdomen.   I wouldn't really call it pain but more a tightness.   Very uncomfortable.   I assume it's probably gas. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelvic, pain, abdominal, ache, sharp

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here