New here, have a few questions - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

New here, have a few questions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Anana

Anana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:21 AM

Advertisement

Hi, I am new here and my IBS symptoms have changed a bit. It used to be once in a while flare ups with diarrhea - but a diet would stop it, and it was just in the mornings. (Initially I had more constipation). I am not even sure if this is "really" diarrhea, that's my first question: I have pain sometimes, but I can "hold". The stools seem like they are falling apart. I go several times starting shortly after I get up in the morning even without eating or drinking anything. Do people experience anything similar, meaning this type of diarrhea that lasts the morning? The difference now is that while it would last 1 or 2 days, with a light diet, now it's been 10, at different levels of bathroom trips, one day of no bowel movement, days I feel well followed by a miserable day.

My second question is about Xifaxan. I started yesterday evening and had another this morning. I was doing better yesterday, 3 bathroom trips, first trip solid, second and third not so much. But In only 3 hours I have gone t the bathroom 4 times. Anyone here taking it and is this normal, this increase, and then possible stabilization? I am going to call my doctor but wanted to hear from actual patients.

I think part of this change is the stress of the news and changes and I am already pretty stressed but I get even more stressed not knowing so if anyone has some insight, I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here