Need help to gain weight with IBS-D - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Need help to gain weight with IBS-D

weight gain ibs d loose stool undigested diarrhea how to help trial and error gain weight weight loss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bandhu

bandhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:57 AM

Advertisement

Hi there,
Thank you for reading this. I'm so grateful that there is such community where I can share my story and ask for help.

I'm 29 male 6'2'', My IBS-D started 6 years ago but at that time did not knew what it was. One day I felt abdominal cramps and had diarrhea. For the next 4 years I went to many doctors, gone through many tests, medications, home remedies. Eventually a doctor after testing every other possibility gave me a pamphlet about IBS. I started reading about IBS online and was very happy to learn that I was not alone.

For the next two years I read about other's experiences and went through trial and errors with everything in my life that can help me get back on track. Today I guess I am 75% cured. 
There is one thing that I still have not figured out. It is extremely hard for me to gain weight. I am already 6'2'' and i have very fast metabolism even without IBS, gaining weight requires a lot of calories. I have figured out the foods that I can eat without problem and also the quantity of it. Now the problem is my stomach gets upset when I stuff myself with enough calories to gain weight which is around 4000+, My stomach acts normal up-till 3000. I have tried various combinations, small meals, nuts & seeds, probiotics, time interval between meals. Max I have reached is 3500 cal For 6 days. Beyond that I get stomach pain, loose stool, undigested food in stool for the next 3 - 4 days. I go to gym twice a week, do yoga and meditation daily. If there is one think I want in this world is to gain weight and ready to do anything but I'm stuck. I don't know anyone else with such experience and now ran out of possibilities that I can do to achieve it. ----PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!-----

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:19 AM

Hi bandhu and welcome to the board!

How much do you weigh?

#3 bandhu

bandhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:30 AM

Hi Flossy, Thank you
when I was very sick I was around 141 lb but now 159 lb. All I want is around 190lb 

• DebMC likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight gain, ibs d, loose stool, undigested, diarrhea, how to, help, trial and error, gain weight, weight loss

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here