Not sure this is IBS-A or not - IBS Alternating (IBS-A) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Not sure this is IBS-A or not

2 replies to this topic

#1 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

I have what I assume is IBS-D but sometimes I feel I might suffer with IBS-A.   Even when I'm having a bout of diarrhea I always feel like I  don't completely empty my bowels.   I've even tried a suppository to make me finish but even then I still don't feel empty.  

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:03 AM

I have IBS D too and i have the same symptoms. My stool is not hard at all , more loose on the diarrhea spectrum , yet I have to make 2-3 visits in the morning to feel a "complete evacuation".

Mt two cents : People with IBS whether D,C or A have a problem with incomplete evacuation.

#3 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:43 AM

All types of IBS have problems with incomplete evacuation as far as I know. That was one of the first questions my doctor asked me. If this is your only worry then I do not think you have IBS-A.

I used to have IBS-D with a lot of bathroom breaks, usually 8-10 and during a flare up 15-20 a day. Now I have IBS-A with periods of diarrhea and constipation so I know the difference. Most of my days are on the "soft side" with 3-4 bowel movements but then I get a few days(2-3) when I cannot have a bowel movement even though I want to. The urge to go and cramps and straining are there but nothing is happening. It is painful and I'm bloated so much that by the end of second day I look like a preagnant lady. I try my best to not have more than 3 days without BM. Then the D-day happens and it feels like the body is purging itself..multiple toilet visits and terrible watery diarrhea all day until there is nothing left. Then it all starts again so it is a viscious cycle. Main problem is that you never know which day it's going to be until you open your eyes in the morning.

Reply to this topic

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here