Gastro Issues causing anxiety - Men's Health Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Gastro Issues causing anxiety

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Luke_*

Guest_Luke_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

I have had many gastro issues in recent times. I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis and recently a hiatus hernia. My so called IBS symptoms calmed down for a short while after diagnosis, but have come back with a vengeance. I say so called IBS because the pain is constant and I'm not sure IBS pain is there all the time. My back, hips and lower abdomen are always crampy and my anxiety levels are always high. Just don't know what to do anymore, especially as there is no help during this Pandemic!

#2 Dennis23

Dennis23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:36 AM

I've seen many resources about the relation of gastro and anxiety. Many of them say that anxiety is the cause of gastro, but if its long-term then it can cause problems.

#3 Guest_Amy_*

Guest_Amy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2020 - 02:10 PM

I have had IBS for 40 years and have finally found a miracle herb that cures my anxiety and which in turn calms my jntestine. It is called ashwaganda. I take one tsp of powder in water or tea. Bitter but it works.

#4 Positiveside

Positiveside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:15 AM

Many studies have shown a correlation between anxiety, depression, and functional GI symptoms.

#5 SumitG

SumitG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 December 2020 - 11:37 PM

I am 37 and have IBS for 17 years now. My experience is that using Ayurveda principles helps a lot in controlling digestion in different seasons and anxiety is related to how your gut is behaving. For example - there are some foods which are cooling in nature and that attribute produces more gas in digestion. Avoid such foods especially in winters when the weather is also cold. Excess of gas formation in gut and its spread to other body parts is what causes anxiety. And more anxiety causes more gut and gas issues. Its a vicious circle. A calming ayurveda therapy like shiro-dhara has helped me with anxiety, though it is a bit slow process (2-3 months for impact to start happening) and needs repeat sessions (once a month) and a bit expensive ($100-150 a session). But you would have lasting impact on controlling your anxiety and emotions and start enjoying your life and controlling your thoughts. Happy to share more if you have any questions. 

Reply to this topic

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here