Dark/black Stool - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Dark/black Stool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crashpiblic

crashpiblic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:35 PM

Advertisement

sometimes I have dark stools, recently it happened to me because I consumed black seeds but also some time ago it happened to me because I suffer from constipation and when I don't go out in the bathroom for a long time I have dark stools, occurs only once and then returns to normal color , I do not have vomiting or severe abdominal pain, what can it be, nor do I take any medicine, blood tests every time I do them, they turn out very well, once again it happened to me that my stool was half black and the other half was normal color but as far as I can remember I had consumed black seeds, idk

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

Usually that's a sign of blood in your stool.   I know some medicines like Pepto Bismol can cause black stools.   I would talk to your doctor for sure. 

#3 ZimaBlue

ZimaBlue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:58 PM

Have it checked out. I have crohn's so have some knowledge of this & black stools can be a sign that you are bleeding nearer the start of the large intestine as it gets mixed with the poo & dries before leaving the body, red fresh blood is nearer the anus.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here