Does your IBS-A follow a pattern? - IBS Alternating (IBS-A) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Does your IBS-A follow a pattern?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:05 AM

Hello everyone
I've originally had IBS-D but it seems it switched by itself to IBS-A after a 9 month remission. I am struggling with it for almost 3 months now. I have made a connection with my period and established that I am more prone to constipation after ovulation, and to diarrhea during the period-I know it is a hormone thing. Usually I have 2-3 days when I cannot have a BM even though I want to. It is very painful because of the urge and cramps and I am bloated to the point I look preagnant. After that when BM finally start I have them all day from normal ones to watery diarrhea until there is nothing left inside of me. There can be 10-12 BM and I feel like my body is purging itself in the most painful ways possible. I call this day the D-day.Then there is a period of few days(up to 10 days) with 3-4 BM a day-loose stools(number 5 Bristol chart) and I can literally feel my body preparing for constipation again. It is driving me crazy..not knowing wich day it's going to be until I wake up in the morning!!!
I plan all my activities in such a way that I can be at home when D-day comes and the day after but it is complicated and annoying.
Do you have simillar problems or is it just random and not connected to anything?

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:02 PM

I don't alternate like that.   For me I can have both diarrhea and constipation at the same time.  Actually it is more like diarrhea and incomplete evacuation.   I can go maybe 5 times in the morning...watery diarrhea and by afternoon feel like I'm not done but can't go more.  Most people take their digestion for granted.   Wouldn't that be nice.   I get so frustrated considering how much more I might have accomplished if I wasn't constantly having bowel problems.  Or maybe it's me making an excuse.  I read somewhere that President Kennedy may have had IBS.  He used Lomotil routinely apparently.   Didn't seem to set him back.

Reply to this topic

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here