Living with IBS as a family - Page 2 - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Living with IBS as a family

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:46 PM

Lots of smiles and happiness from me today :D
We had a fun weekend and for the first time in ages we went on a trip to visit our friends who live far from us but have a holiday home nearby. It's been 4 years since we last saw them in person so we were all excited. It was a 2 hour drive to get there and it was wonderful..no stress or anxiety or sudden BMs..NOTHING!! We spent the afternoon there talking and eating and having fun, kids were swimming in the sea. A great day and we are still in shock how good it was :) :) :)
This therapy and gel are working wonders for me. This is the best time I had in so long..I wasn't feeling this energetic even before when I was "ok".
I am working full time again..so manny ideas and things to draw going through my mind. I started laughing out loud and singing again..
Annie and Kenny I know you are reading this and thank you for being supportive when I was unwell..I know you are happy for me now :D

#22 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10498 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:24 PM

oh, llyria!!   so happy to hear this!!!  so very happy for you!!  

that's wonderful that you and your family had such a fun weekend--you so deserve it!!!  especially after all you've been through.  

so glad to hear that the therapy and gel have been working wonders.  what a good idea that was of yours to give the gel a try. 

i do hope and pray  that you continue to feel  this good.  thanks so much for letting us know that you're doing so much better now!

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#23 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:03 AM

I am actually on holiday right now!
I didn't think it would be possible but here we are, at my parents house dipping our feet in the sea and laughing. :D
It took us 5 hours by car and it was ok. No BMs or anything out of the ordinary really. We had one stop because we wanted to stretch our legs and also walk the dog. I have no words..just WOW!
Kids are so excited and happy and so am I. This is amazing really
My husband just went free climbing with my brother in law and we'll be going to the beach in a couple of hours. I wish you all the best and I wish you this kind of happiness. I'll update when I can :)

#24 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10498 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:31 AM

so happy to hear that you are still doing so well, llyria, and that you're having such a wonderful vacation!  

i do hope and pray  that you will continue to feel  this good.  thanks for keeping us posted.  

• Ilyria likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here