#1 Annedk

Annedk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:11 AM

Advertisement

Hey everyone <3

I'm really happy to have found another community. I've suffered from IBS-like symptoms since I was 11 but I still need an official diagnosis (my doctor is pretty sure I have IBS and a function disorder).

My symptoms mainly consist of constipation followed by diarrhea and sometimes just regular bowel movements and poops.

I take probiotics and vitamin D and started curcumin supplements a few days ago. They don't do as much as I'd love (yet) but I hope it'll get better from now on.

I'm a vegeterian (my parents raised me like this) so that's kind of the only diet I take. My triggers are onions and garlic an chocolate or anything cacao as far as I know. 

I mainly have painful cramping, sometimes bloating and lots of stress and anxiety because of this condition and just my mind itself. 

I sincerely hope this community will help me get through the difficult and the good times. I'm happy this exists because talking about it keeps my mind off the pain and struggles.

So anyways, nice to meet everyone!

#2 Jane

Jane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:53 PM

Im new too, and not formally diagnosed, but primary care doc is sure its stress-caused IBS.

#3 Ilyria

Ilyria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Welcome annedk and Jane-So sorry that ibs is giving you trouble.
Annedk it's good that you know some of your food triggers because that makes life easier in the long run. Onions and garlic are one of my major triggers too..in fact I cannot eat food that was placed near onions let alone cooked with them. If you haven't already tried it I would recommend low FODMAP diet so you can find your triggers and modify your meals accordingly. It was a breaktrough for me. Good luck!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here