Why is IBS-D more active in the morning. - Page 2 - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Why is IBS-D more active in the morning.

IBS-D Morning runs

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 mellosphere

mellosphere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:31 AM

I find it interesting you all are saying that if you dont sleep well, your ibs is worse. I mean i definitely see the correlation but the cause is the ibs being worse some days or others, not the sleep itself. The sleep is what is affected by ibs, not the other way around, at least for me. Not that it really matters.

#22 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

Now for me IBS doesn't bother my sleep,  but lack of sleep bothers my IBS.  Knock wood,  I rarely have trouble with my IBS during the overnight hours.   Sometime worry or excitement might keep me from a good nights sleep.   Invariably the next day my IBS is worse.   Every time I'm going to fly I end up sleeping poorly because of worry and excitement.   Of course the next day I have D worse than ever which makes the travel even more stressful.      

#23 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:48 PM

I honestly don't think sleeping well or not really makes much of a difference for me. Its not like I can get a great nights sleep and then have no issues the next day. There are always issues. But I think a rough night certainly makes the next day even more challenging. I find the best thing to do is eliminate stress. Meaning I dont travel anymore or go out. I try to stay home as much as possible. I know its not the ideal way to live...but I find it better for me. The less I have to think about my bathroom or going out and having to prepare myself...the better my body is. So I've learned to accept my live at home.

#24 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:53 PM

I also tried to stay at home as much as I could. We have a portable toilet in the car if we go on longer trips. Rest of my family lives 300 km away so it's a nightmare every time we must go. Now I don't know anymore..I feel like my stomach is calmer but everything else is not so I would like to go out and stuff but can barely walk soo..not not good!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-D, Morning runs

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here