Big poop and skid marks - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Big poop and skid marks

Constipation

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mistletoe

Mistletoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:27 AM

Advertisement

blush.png Hi everybody,

embarassing topic and even more embarassing I am asking for somebody else but I am worried. BTW English is not my first language - so sorry for mistakes. My husband has ptsd and a fear of the coronavirus and he has ibs-c and currently he is not in a good place mentally and probably won’t see a doctor unless I make him.

However. Currently he is not eating right (chocolate for breakfast, lots of coffee and so on) and had problems with IBS-C. Couldn’t go to the bathroom for circa one week but felt like he needed to go all of the time and had bad stomach cramps. When he was finally able to go it took him a looong time and his poop was so big it blocked the toiletblush.png . A week later same thing happened again. During that time he had problems with skid marks in his underwear and blood in his underwear after he used the bathroom. Now - three weeks later he doesn’t have that problem with big poop anymore but is still constipated (which is normal for him) and still has some trouble with skidmarks - though he is a very clean person. I think it’s a health problem. Is this bad or just wait and see?

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10229 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

has your husband seen a gastroenterologist  for help in dealing with his constipation.  there are a lot of effective constipation meds available now.   maybe a visit to the gastro doc can help .

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 Mistletoe

Mistletoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:54 AM

Yes, in the past but not because of this problem. He currently doesn’t leave the house (works from home) because he is afraid of the coronavirus plus he hates seeking medical advice.

So I wonder if this is so bad/dangerous that he needs medical advice.

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10229 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:01 AM

well i don't think the skidmarks are dangerous.  but i don't know what's causing them. .

if he doesn't want to see a doc for a prescription for one of the constipation meds, he can always take laxatives if he wants to be able to  go more than once a week. 

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10229 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:07 AM

he should definitely see a doctor if there is blood.

#6 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:55 AM

Hello
I'm with annie7 on this one-if there is still blood in/on the stool and skidmarks he must see a doctor otherwise this is not dangerous just annoying. I suposse that blood you mentioned was from hemorrhoids if it was fresh and red on his underwear. One of my daughters had this problem with enormous-once a week-clogging the toilet for a while and when you have constipation and really big stools stuck in your colon skidmarks happen. You basicaly cannot stop them until you get rid of the severe constipation and "go" at least once every three days. It's called Encopresis for children and I don't know if there is a name for this when it happens to adults but you can google it and see if it matches your situation. Good luck to you both!

#7 tdhcsc

tdhcsc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:46 PM

I agree with the others and,,,, get a washlet installed.  We have one in each bathroom and can't live without one.

#8 Mistletoe

Mistletoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:25 AM

Thanks!

He has hemorrhoids and had seen a doctor because of blood before (and was okay). I was more worried about the other things because I heard you can get impacting and wondered if that are signs of it.

#9 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:36 AM

I hope things are better for him now and that you don't have this problem anymore..
Maybe you could tweak his diet together a bit and avoid cooking/buying things (for a while)that you both know constipate him a lot. I understand the anxiety caused by Covid-I spent a great deal of time in hospitals and various doctor exams in the past 2-3 months and I am still scared shitless I will catch it somewhere waiting for my tests. But he is at home and he can worry less and that is great for you both! There is only so much we can do..othewise it eats you up inside worrying all the time.

#10 Mistletoe

Mistletoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 02:11 AM

Thanks a lot. It’s a bit difficult for him.

He had a bad experience with his friend having sepsis and he had a bad experience when he has been to hospital (and had injuries to his head and his back and basically feared he would end up a paraplegic, it’s hard to explain in English what I mean, like his back was broken but only a bit and thanks God it fully healed - but all the time he was afraid it would fully break). However he was put on a painkiller medication that gave him nightmares and sort of hallucinations. He sort of confused things he saw with scary things. He knew it wasn’t real but he saw that scary things, was ashamed to talk to anybody about it because he feared they would say he is crazy.

He saw hospitals and doctors offices a scary germ ridden places before and now he is even more scared of them.

He currently has a mild cough but tested negative for corona (where we live you can order a test online and do it at home without needing to go to a doctors office).

Yes, he currently is at home and he works from home and we have our food delivered and currently he doesn’t have to go to a doctors office - unless of course that constipation which I described above would be a reason).

Why did you need to go to hospital - May I ask? I beg it was scary.

It‘s a bit difficult with his diet because he has trouble eating. I happened to have written a post about this just before I read yours.

#11 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:48 AM

Wow..no wonder he has ptsd and fear from hospitals. I'm sorry he had to go through that and it sounds horrible and scary.
Hopefuly people will respond to that other topic and give you good advice. I may reply something later when I rest a bit. You may ask-of course. I thought I was having an ibs flare up but instead I lost a lot of weight in a very short period of time as I was unable to eat and retain food and I had a wide range of symptoms some of wich could be explained by ibs but not all of them. Nobody knew what was wrong with me. Now they think it's a genetic mutation making me have too low folic acid levels causing it and I hope I'll get a confirmation soon. You can read about it in My story section..

#12 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10229 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:26 AM

i am so sorry about your husband and his problems.

I was more worried about the other things because I heard you can get impacting and wondered if that are signs of it.

symptoms of an impaction include abdominal cramping and bloating, leakage of liquid or sudden episodes of watery D, small, semi formed stools, rectal bleeding, low back pain...

if you totally stop passing any kind of stool at all and stop passing gas, then you may have develop an obstruction. symptoms of obstruction also can include nausea and vomiting and fever. this is an ER situation

an obstruction means the stool cannot move, has completely filled that part of the colon, nothing can get by, not even gas and eventually you will begin to vomit up stool when it needs to get out but it can't due to  the obstruction.  i've had one, so believe me , i know.  not fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Constipation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here