Anybody with IBS have a burning sensation in your feet ? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anybody with IBS have a burning sensation in your feet ?

burning feet IBS

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

Advertisement

I have constant redness in  my hands and feet and a burning sensation in my feet.The burning is not overwhelming but just annoying.

I was wondering if it is related to my IBS and if anybody else with IBS experiences these symptoms 

#2 tdhcsc

tdhcsc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:36 PM

I would think that besides the IBS you also have peripheral neuropathy.  I do and they're not related.

By the way, the Peripheral Neuropathy will get worse as you age and there's nothing you can do about it but trying medications.  At 75 mine is so bad at times I want to cut my legs off.  10 Years ago it was like yours, just annoying.   Perhaps seeing a neurologist or other physician can help slow down the progress.

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9200 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:31 PM

i have peripheral neuropathy, too.  it's miserable.  sorry you both have it.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#4 Kenny

Kenny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:13 AM

Thank you both for your responses. I will try and see a neurologist about the same once the COVID nightmare passes

#5 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9200 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:22 AM

yes, do that.   my primary care doc presctibed lyrica for it but i hate the side effects of those kind of meds so i'm not taking it.  i've found that acpuncture helps somewhat  with perpheral neuropathy.  good luck.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#6 tdhcsc

tdhcsc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:58 AM

A tens unit can help as well when you have a flare up.  They're inexpensive so do some research and get a popular one.

Don't like using it as it's an electrical device that gives you mild shocks to scramble the nerves.  Helps a lot for lower back issues as well but the feeling sucks.  It's also a bit of a hassle to use as you need to put a couple of electrodes on and have wires to the small unit but it does stop the pain (only while it's on and for about a half hour after it's off).

Some don't mind it.  All in all I guess it's better than the pain of peripheral neuropathy or back and muscle pain .

• annie7 likes this

#7 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9200 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:00 AM

thanks for the advice re the tens unit.

i gave it a try.   it did stop the pain while it was on.  where do you put the electrodes? .  

#8 tdhcsc

tdhcsc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:12 PM

never used it for peripheral neuropathy but It's suppose to be really good for stopping the foot pain.  They make socks with electrodes for that very purpose.  A tens unit is also good for muscle aches and back pain.  There's a lot of different electrodes, even some that strap on you with velcro.  So far I've just used the ones that came with the unit. 

Not sure if I like the one I purchased but it seems very popular and is relatively inexpensive.  Look around, there's a lot available on Amazon with different features.  There's a steep learning curve but only takes 2 or 3 days to get the settings just the way you want them.  There's a lot of settings and you have to find the one you like.  The one below is a dual channel so you can put a set of electrodes in 2 different places like one set on each foot.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dan

#9 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9200 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:44 AM

thanks for your advice.   

i only got relief from the pain while my tens unit was on.  once i turned it off the pain came roaring back.  so i don't think i will be using it any more.  i was hoping for more permanent pain relief.   but thanks anyways.

#10 tdhcsc

tdhcsc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:37 AM

Yeah, it's like that.  It only works when it's on and it's always a weird feeling for me when I use it.  Now I only use the tens unit when I have a flare up or go for a walk.  It's either that or lie in bed after about noon.  Mostly from the pain of my 9 compression fractures L2 - T12, hurts like hell.  I tell you,, getting old sucks.  I think it was Art Linkletter that wrote a book called "Growing old isn't for sissies".  

I was taking 20mgs of Norco (opiates) twice a day but no longer take it for pain.  I just push through it without anything but the Tens unit once in a while.  I also get Ketamine infusions every month for the depression that comes with the pain and use the Ketamine nasal spray in between the infusions.  Had 9 infusions so far.  Cost's a fortune but it really helps.  Besides, I like the trip you get with the infusion.

#11 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9200 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:20 AM

i'm so sorry for  all those compression fractures and all that pain!  it must be miserable.   i'm amazed that you can power through it without anything but the tens unit. 

you're right about growing old (i'm 68).  i had no idea it would hurt so much.  yes, growing old is not for the fainthearted.  or sissies, like linkletter said.

that's good that the ketamine is helping you. 

#12 tdhcsc

tdhcsc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:17 PM

I'm sorry, T8 - L2.     T9, 10, 11 & 12 (4 of them) was from a sky diving accident in the 80's, the rest from osteoporosis time and a non age related accident last year.  (6 ribs, a pneumothorax and 3 more vertebrate).  The longer you live the more injuries that can take place.

I guess I'm lucky to still be upright.

#13 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9200 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:28 AM

yes, i remember you talking earlier about the skydiving accident.  that must have been horrible.  

i have osteoporosis, too, and am hoping i won't get any compression frax from it. 

you're right--the longer you live, the more injuries that can take place...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burning feet, IBS

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here