Deviated Nasal septum/ Sinusitis/ Sleep apnea - Any link to LG? - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Deviated Nasal septum/ Sinusitis/ Sleep apnea - Any link to LG?

Leakygas

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 oceanblue141

oceanblue141

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

Advertisement

Hello everyone, i am an old user since 2012, tried all sorts of things but couldn't figure out a way to cure LG.

Recently i got diagnosed with deviated nasal septum, sleep apnea, chronic sinusitis. My nose is blocked most of the times which i am unaware about it(cannot say difference between normal breathing and shallow breathing unless i pay close attention) Have seen in other forms stating sinusitis is cause for LG. Few resolved LG by using grape seed extract nasal irrigation method. Thought of getting surgery done for Deviated septum but due to corona couldnt. 

Guys check yourselves if you breathe shallow, have sleep apnea, snoring, brain fog or mild headache sometimes. Do you think there is a link?

#2 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:19 AM

Maybe I am wrong, but didnt you have an internal prolapse? wouldnt that be the cause to your LG?

#3 oceanblue141

oceanblue141

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:44 AM

Long back i have undergone each and every test...mild gastritis and internal rectal prolapse have been found but docs ruled out that might be the cause. 

Proper breathing is the only way out i can see as of now. 

#4 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:31 PM

Well I dont know how nasal is related to LG... however, all I can say is, I know plenty of people who have LG and a very minor internal prolapse to the point it doesn't irritate the anus in such a way for gas to leak... yet they got LG. I don't think it's a coincidence

LG is a very common symptom when one has a prolapse.

#5 oceanblue141

oceanblue141

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:44 AM

NoHelp there have been many people in various forms who got various surgeries and techniques for internal prolapse. But none of them were successful. And there are many patients with internal prolapse across globe, gas and stool incontinence is common for them. Doctors can diagnose those cases and fix through surgeries or biofeedback. But our cases are in connection with anxiety. When there are people around, we leak more. When we are relaxed we don't. There are many people who got cured by just breathing properly and using relaxing techniques. If your breathing is not proper, various harmones like cortisol releases, your abdomen, pelvic muscles get tensed, it affects your digestion. I strongly believe that relaxing by properly breathing is the only solution. Forget about Candida & SIBO. What i feel is Deviated nasal septum, Sinusitis, sleep apnea, post nasal drip might be causing these symptoms. I need to wait and see till i get rhino-septoplasty surgery done.

#6 clearsky001

clearsky001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:24 AM

Few resolved LG by using grape seed extract nasal irrigation method.

ah, yes, i tried this. It definitely helped clear my nasal cavity. if you have any horse raddish you could always try snorting that too, it will probably work and be a lot more gentle on your system. I remember snorting grape seed extract and being on the floor on all fours in excruciating pain with a steady stream of mucus pouring out of my nose and throat. pretty funny in retrospect.

#7 clearsky001

clearsky001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:31 AM

hey ocean have you been doing pelvic floor exercises consistently? I haven't been doing them consistently myself unfortunately. Do you think they help? I think my problem might be a weak pelvic floor and also a bacterial imbalance and on top of all that food intolerance issues which give me body odor. Some days i seem normal oothers not so much.

#8 flankking

flankking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:31 PM

Pelvic floor exercises are a big help. You could also try stationary bike.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Leakygas

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here