Is chicken Boullion OK for colon prep days - GI-related Diagnostic Tests - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Is chicken Boullion OK for colon prep days

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sparrow

sparrow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 July 2020 - 05:02 PM

Advertisement

Reason I ask is because some sites online say fat free broth.

Other sites say boullion is OK to consume for liquid diet.

the boullion I have has 1 gram of fat- so not fat free. Actually it says Total Fat 0%. Daily Values - 1%

Is this still ok?

Or am I just being stupid and freaking out for this prep?

My instructions don't say anything about this. And it's the weekend, so I can't call the office.

edit to add:  when I started coming to this site many years ago, it was very busy.

Such a shame to see it so quiet and older posts from a few years ago remaining as the most recent.

#2 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:45 AM

Hello
In my country you could eat it. 1gram of fat really isn't much. And it would be in the instructions if you couldn't. If it really bothers you then you should skip it and check with your doctor.
I'm sorry I cannot help you more.
Good luck

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here